Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe the epic only requires broom and shovel ... but as a "friendless guildless nobody", there's truly no point.

Some classes you can literally buy the epic for (on Blue at least), but the Mage epic doesn't have a multi-questable part, the way those epics do: it requires multiple drops (some extremely rare) from top-end raid mobs. It is literally impossible to acquire them without a raid force, and even if you had a raid force you'd still have to compete with other raid forces for those mobs ... and then compete with every other Mage in that force to get to loot it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In short, I can safely guarantee that without joining a top-end raid guild (or somehow becoming amazingly good friends with one) you can not complete the epic.

But as for Najena, it's 100% soloable, if you start at the beginning and crawl your way through. There are a few places you won't want to go, but if you notice that your pet suddenly has 3 skeletons when you go into a certain room, you should still be able to gate out in time, and avoid that room next time. Once you learn it, you can easily solo to/from the crystal room.
The first part is something I genuinely would like to change, but it is true, I did come here without any real connections. I am currently looking for a guild that will take a learning player and let me raid with them one day though. This mage is something I want to make into a "forever main" and I'd like to hold a little hope that one day I'll be able to succeed at it, even if it takes 10 years.

But yep I do plan on giving Najena a shot again at some point, I was just expressing that I'm a little scared to hehe. Those "suddenly get three skeletons" situations happened quite a bit as far as I remember. xD
Last edited by tadkins; 02-23-2021 at 08:52 PM..
Old 02-23-2021, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will 2nd all of this. Najena solo was some of the most fun I had on my mage, and as you level you can really explore more and more. It's also really different than most other soloing you'll do as a mage since there will be a lot of fights where you have to take on two mobs at once and you can't really run away. Since you're on blue you'll also be able to take advantage of the regen component of the phantom armor line which rarely gets any utility normally.

Also remember that the mages there are just like you and easy to kill without their pet and buffs, so only the first round will really be hard.
Very true, I'll keep that in mind. I still plan to try, even if I'm a bit nervous about it.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since you're on blue you'll also be able to take advantage of the regen component of the phantom armor line which rarely gets any utility normally.
As of Kunark release on Green, the regen component of the phantom armor line works there as well.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am currently looking for a guild that will take a learning player and let me raid with them one day though. This mage is something I want to make into a "forever main" and I'd like to hold a little hope that one day I'll be able to succeed at it, even if it takes 10 years.
Oh, well I was just talking about if you wanted to stay guildless: if you're willing to join a (competitive) guild then getting your epic ... while it still won't be easy ... will absolutely be achievable ... especially with that "forever main" mentality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However, I wouldn't expect to join one guild early on, and stay with them all the way to top-end raids at 60. The most competitive guilds won't even accept anyone under 50 (or sometimes higher), plus they often require somewhat pricey sets or raid gear (resist jewelry, midnight mallets, wort potions, etc.). Thus, many players join "family guilds" while leveling up, and then switch to a competitive guild once they've reached the "end game".

Good luck in Najena: as long as you bind outside, and gate as soon as you agro too many mobs, you should do just fine (but again, once you learn the way and how to pull carefully as you go, you should never have to fight more than 1-2 at a time).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-24-2021 at 01:20 PM..
Old 02-24-2021, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, well I was just talking about if you wanted to stay guildless: if you're willing to join a (competitive) guild then getting your epic ... while it still won't be easy ... will absolutely be achievable ... especially with that "forever main" mentality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However, I wouldn't expect to join one guild early on, and stay with them all the way to top-end raids at 60. The most competitive guilds won't even accept anyone under 50 (or sometimes higher), plus they often require somewhat pricey sets or raid gear (resist jewelry, midnight mallets, wort potions, etc.). Thus, many players join "family guilds" while leveling up, and then switch to a competitive guild once they've reached the "end game".

Good luck in Najena: as long as you bind outside, and gate as soon as you agro too many mobs, you should do just fine (but again, once you learn the way and how to pull carefully as you go, you should never have to fight more than 1-2 at a time).
I figured there'd have to be some casual guilds out there that do get some raid content in. I have a LFGuild post up there and will hope for some bites.

Thank you for the info though. It is good to know that it is at least possible to pull 1-2 at a time in there, and it would just be on me to learn how.
Closed Thread