Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Default 20 chanter easy-ish solo spot?

Just looking for a tip on a decent solo spot for a 20 chanter.. tried crag spiders in EK but 2 charm breaks and i'm OOM and dead..

New to my server and mostly wearing cloth junk drops, trying to get gear so i can grind a little harder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How bad is the squire camp in guk for a 20?
Old 02-27-2021, 03:38 PM
Banned

Your animation pet almost does as much as mobs at that level. As long as it isn’t the 3 tiny dagger version it’s worth it to check its max hits and re-summon it if it is on the low side of its level range (max hits is the best way to tell)

I’d bail on the Karanas and get a port or run to the commonlands area. I believe I did lavastorm around level 20. The mobs there aren’t KOS but some have social aggro. Luckily there is the zone line to nektulos forest right there you can fight at. It might be getting a bit green for you at 20 but should still have some that give exp. Decent money there too, especially the goblins outside the solusek entrance. There’s a camp of them that drop a stackable light weight item 100% of the time which vendors for like around 5g I believe

Upper Guk was almost all green to me when I went in at 27, and green to the point where I got no exp. So level 20 will be really good for it exp-wise. The problem I saw was it was pretty camped with bored higher levels with their LFG tag on running through killing all the green cons for coins. I really like Najena which is perfect for your lev too

TLDR the karanas seem to dry up around level 20 until 30+ when people go back to south karana. And try using the highest level animation if charm is taxing mana too much. Vs hard blue cons what I do is root them, then step in and stagger both stuns, color flux into color shift, then step out. Then back in again when the stuns are off cooldown. As long as you have some mana you can avoid the animation pet getting too beat up this way. Or else a set of gear to get cha above 200 could help, although honestly even with 200 cha the charm breaks still come in waves. Charm starts to really outpace animation damage around level 26ish, prior to that a hasted max level animation can do comparable damage to mobs around the same level

Edit: if you don’t mind stopping exp’ing for money, what I did was run my animation pet back and forth between 2 camps of bandits in the mountains of WK. then gather up all their sashes. Take a full inventory (all bag slots) of sashes to qeynos to turn in for quest, which gives a bronze weapon for each. Each trip netted me about 300pp. Soon I had saved about 2k and got a full set of cheap cha gear to get 200 unbuffed cha. Other people will say don’t stop leveling to make pp but it worked out for me who almost exclusively charms past level 24ish
Last edited by unsunghero; 02-27-2021 at 03:49 PM..
Old 02-27-2021, 03:40 PM
Kobold

Thanks hero.. I might try getting to guk tonight.. And i'm on red, nothing is camped[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2021, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks hero.. I might try getting to guk tonight.. And i'm on red, nothing is camped[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah well the upside is you get all the camps you want, the downside is it might be harder to buy some cha gear there. But honestly I didn’t see a huge diff going from 115 to 206 cha. I can still have a tashani’d green con instant break charm 2x in a row with 225 cha. It is just random and always comes in waves, like the RNG seed gets stuck on a low roll or something...
Old 02-27-2021, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Hey unsunghero. I did 20 - 24 charm killing the two aviaks at #11 on the Lake Rathetear map. Good luck!
Old 02-27-2021, 04:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckoning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey unsunghero. I did 20 - 24 charm killing the two aviaks at #11 on the Lake Rathetear map. Good luck!
Ahh.. i was thinking of there... i assume you mean the 2 outside arena on the perches... wasn't sure if they would be blue