Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanomamo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...ng_Money_Guide

Also I don't know if you're playing iksar just because you like the looks of the race or w/e but you MAY want to consider picking another race. Iksar will be KOS absolutely everywhere but Cabilis, they level 20% slower and dont have very good starting stats for a necro.
I disagree with this. I think iksar make the best necros actually because of the increased regen which negates a lot of the HP leech from lich form.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Kobold

+1

Iksar is the best Necro race by a very large margin, due to regen.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinuti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree with this. I think iksar make the best necros actually because of the increased regen which negates a lot of the HP leech from lich form.
Doesn't iksar regen still work while feigned too, where all other races regen at only 1 or 2 per tick while feigned?
Old 01-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Sarnak

But would the regen really offset the 20% leveling penalty? Obviously post 50 when regen starts increasing a lot and your gear will have you past 200 int Iskar will be the best. But from 1-50 you will be behind on Int, KOS everywhere and level slower.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't iksar regen still work while feigned too, where all other races regen at only 1 or 2 per tick while feigned?
Yep, but not until 51:
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Iksar
Old 01-04-2012, 05:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanomamo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But would the regen really offset the 20% leveling penalty? Obviously post 50 when regen starts increasing a lot and your gear will have you past 200 int Iskar will be the best. But from 1-50 you will be behind on Int, KOS everywhere and level slower.
Yes. Regen speeds up leveling, therefore the 20% isn't bad at all.
If your ever out of mana as a Necro, your doing it wrong.
Being KOS can suck, but is easy to work around.
End game you end up with the best Necro possible.
Last edited by Mayhem2; 01-04-2012 at 05:17 AM..
Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
True but you don't have to leave Kunark to level up to 50 so not a big deal of an issue. Also, from level 34 the lich line of spell allows you to bank and shop in OT outpost thanks to the illusion portion of the spell.

To be honest, I personnaly don't mind the 20% xp penalty and the regen rocks. However I am biaised as I enjoy the ride leveling and take my time (hell, I died a good 15 times in my level 40 and couldn't be bothered less).
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 01-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
I always wonder why people are interested in their mana pool while leveling. A Necro twink with 200 int won't level faster than a naked necro with 100 int. Your mana pool won't help you to kill faster or reg mana in any way.
It's maybe handy to break camps.. but the best solo exp camps are single pulls anyway.

So it's 20% exp penalty vs. sick hp regen (50+). You even level slightly faster with the extra hp regen, because you don't have to waste your mana for mana intensive leech spells that often.

And about being KOS... As an iksar i can FD bank everywhere.

1. Buy a Circlet of Shadows.
2. Run invis into bank
3. FD near Banker
4. bank
5. stand up
6. invis up
7. walk away

If you can take the exp penalty it is Iksar > rest. End of story.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Can you still FD bank anywhere? It mentions only talking and item-hand ins, but some changes were made to feign & NPC interaction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • Kanras: NPCs will no longer respond to chat or item handins while player is feigned.
Closed Thread