Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Kobold

maybe try doing a naked run to Karnor's castle and camp there for Jarsath Scale armors? Since its no drop, there might be many people letting you loot it.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Be a MAN, keep your Iksar SK, Mines almost 22 and I wouldnt trade him for a 40 anything.

Its tough but you get a certain pride knowing it's hard.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Aviak

yeah i am gonna keep him he looks slick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Formally Ragnis <Reviction> lvl 65 Bard of Morell-thule
Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Banned

I'd group with an Iksar SK no problem.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Making a tank as a first char - an Iksar SK at that - is a hard road. If this one char is all you intend to play and you really want to play it, then go for it. On the other hand, if you intend to play multiples, then I'd start with Necro or a Druid probably, and use them to farm items and cash to supply your tank.

Treeweave is the best, cheap chest option for an Iksar SK btw. I have a level 41 Iksar SK. The leveling is really slowing down now.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making a tank as a first char - an Iksar SK at that - is a hard road. If this one char is all you intend to play and you really want to play it, then go for it. On the other hand, if you intend to play multiples, then I'd start with Necro or a Druid probably, and use them to farm items and cash to supply your tank.

Treeweave is the best, cheap chest option for an Iksar SK btw. I have a level 41 Iksar SK. The leveling is really slowing down now.
i dont mind if it moves slow as long as it moves... the only treeweave i found when i googled it was the BP is that the only item?

Formally Ragnis <Reviction> lvl 65 Bard of Morell-thule
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

The Treeweave is not part of a set. Only the BP as you have found. You are going to have to mix and stuff to make up the rest of your gear. One suggestion however is that some of the sebilite scale armor is a good fit for an Iksar SK. I'd also advise a MoSS and shield for early levels and for pure tanking, but a Granite Face Grinder for soloing/fear kiting. Something cheaper that would also fly for the early levels is a Poison Wind Censor.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Orc

Don't MoSS's go for like 5k? This guy just started, I doubt he's going to come across that sort of money anytime soon.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Damn, I just ported out of kunark last night. If i wouldnt have, I have at least 4 or 5 lowbie kunark drops thatll suit you well. My chars' name is Xolden, hit me up
Old 03-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadreaver777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't MoSS's go for like 5k? This guy just started, I doubt he's going to come across that sort of money anytime soon.
Yeah the MoSS - anything including a Tree Weave (~700p) will be too much really. I'm just trying to tive him the names of a few pieces that are realistic to shoot for as he begins to get some levels and gain cash. MoSS price is probably going to drop a bit, due to so many Shaman epics, but still I'd be surprised to ever see it drop below 3K, I admit. I bet it is closer to 4K than 5K even now, though I have not looked recently. I did try to keep the cost of my recommendations somewhat in check - i.e. suggesting a MoSS instead of the more desirable but approximately equivalent Noc blade from KC.