Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Fire Giant

Default Newbie monk questions

Hallo, I have some questions about monks, mostly FD and pulling.

While FDed: (These assume successful FD)
If I get healed, will the mobs aggro the healer, or me? What about buffs?

If I FD while a caster is casting, and then the spell hits me, does it break FD? Does it work the same if it is a debuff? dd? dot?

Are there any throwing weps that have a better range than shruikens? Or do all throwing items have the same range?

I have the hotkey:

/attack off
/doability # (fd)
/doability # (sneak)

I put /pause .2 inbetween the 2 /doabilities because if I failed FD it was giving me the sneak message b4 the fd fail message which I thought was weird.
Someone mentioned that I should also add another /doability to turn sneak off.

Any info would be very helpful. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yes, if a mob is casting a spell on you, and you FD mid-cast, and the spell lands on you, you will get butt raped.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Antonian_Javelin
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If I FD while a caster is casting, and then the spell hits me, does it break FD? Does it work the same if it is a debuff? dd? dot?

Are there any throwing weps that have a better range than shruikens? Or do all throwing items have the same range?

I have the hotkey:

/attack off
/doability # (fd)
/doability # (sneak)

I put /pause .2 inbetween the 2 /doabilities because if I failed FD it was giving me the sneak message b4 the fd fail message which I thought was weird.

Want to tell you that i have about ready for wiki a little Basic pulling guide, wich will solve that problems.

If you are FD (and success) you can be healed or buffed, noone will agro, just make sure that heals/buffs stops before you stand up.

If a detrimental spell hits you (even if ressisted) will broke your FD, you're still in agro.

Antonian Javelins are your best friends, are not cheap, are crafted by human monks, 250 range besides the 50 range of shurikens.

Hope all question a get solveds with this, but feel free to tell me in-game, Rupertox.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have the hotkey:

/attack off
/doability # (fd)
/doability # (sneak)

DD's will break your FD (even if resisted), DoT ticks won't, however the initial DoT cast will.

Use regular forged javelins they cost almost nothing to make. Antonians are good for dragon pulling, vp, fear, etc. For day to day use, use forged javelins. They have 205 range and cost 1pp and some change for a combine which nets 2 javs. You can make them in East Freeport, and the three vendors you need are within 100yards of the forge.

Max your blacksmithing at the trainer (25 ponts - I think they only allow a cap up 25points from the trainer), then just start making them. You'll fail a few times but you'll keep increasing your still until 60 skill. It then becomes trivial and you'll rarely ever fail.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Forged_Javelin

Don't put sneak in your FD macro. Make sneak a separate hot key. Feign Death key should just have /attack off and /doability fd. You want the sneak ability available to you when you need it, not bound into a FD key. Sneaking after an FD only prevents mobs from attacking when when you stand up if they are facing away from you. However if you break your sneak when they are returning to their "home" point (if you are standing up) they will re-aggro unless it was a successful mem wipe.

You can also hit your FD key while you are on the ground to help push for a mem wipe. However, you can still "fall to the ground" while feigned and hitting your FD key. Be ready for that.
Last edited by Trax; 12-20-2013 at 12:16 PM..
Old 12-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

I have never used a macro involving fd, heck any macro on my monk.

Hot key bank 10, hot key 1 is sit, hot key 2 is ranged attack, hot key 3 is fd, hot key 4 is sneak, hot key 5 is mend.

That is for pulling. I can understand the attack off, fd in a macro for fighting, I perfer hot key 1 to have melee attack 1, disarm 2, fd 3 , flying kick 4, mend 5. FD is always 3 for me, but do what you're comfortable with. I agree with not using sneak in the macro, you want to be able to stand and run.
Closed Thread