Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2021, 02:54 PM
ScottBerta ScottBerta is offline
Fire Giant

ScottBerta's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 917
Default More than just a game..

I just wanted to give a shout out to p99 community. A fine example is the unfortunate death of Tumtuak. Personally, I never met him or played with him but he seemed like a stand up person. But our community came together and we’re able to do something great for his family. Thanks Dragnoroc for coordinating and doing all the difficult work ensuring the children got the gifts. I’m sure we all have stories similar to this where people we may have never met in RL have been there to help us through a difficult situation. For me, that was when my wife and myself lost our first child during pregnancy. Players were there to listen to me and basically help me through that horrible situation. P99 is great but if it wasn’t for the player base I wouldn’t of stuck around this long. Thanks p99 blue.

Sincerely

The Berta Brothers (Jeff and Scott)
Cisco, Orenthall, Atreo, Demitrios, Hykko
Last edited by ScottBerta; 01-26-2021 at 03:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2021, 09:23 PM
Evia Evia is offline
Planar Protector

Evia's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,474
Default

Sorry about your loss, friend. That's a pain that never goes away. I agree that the p99 community, or everquest community in general, can be incredible sometimes.

I was also moved in seeing the communities response toward Tums family. We need more of that comradery.
__________________
Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Assassin)
Parra Doxx (49 Barbarian Shaman)

"Open your heart and accept who you are and be that person, being. Be mindful of the pain, the pleasure, and others. Stop trying to force yourself or the world to conform to your view."
-magnetaress
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-29-2021, 09:40 AM
chevy79bu chevy79bu is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 149
Default

I agree, 99% of the people you meet on p99 are great people. Maybe playing classic everquest as a developing child is the answer to world peace? All joking aside it was super cool reading about the gifts everyone was able to come together and help provide. Recently a guy that works for me had his house burn down. No injuries but he has 4 kids. So a few of us got together and we donated a ton of our own kid's old toys we still had. I was able to give him a 30+ Disney dvd set we had and bought a DVD player to go with it for them to have something to watch in the hotel. Other guys came together with clothes and other toys. We also were able to pool together several thousand dollars to help them out as well. It is truly gratifying to be able to be in a position to help a good man out.

Tumtuk sounds like he was one of those good men. I do wish that in the future if such situation arises, that we could have a better method of donating. Even with the 99% being good people you meet on p99 that leaves a shit 1% still there. That 1% of bad people in the world tend to show their ugly faces often. I cant donate to someone I dont knows personal financial accounts. Just not happening even for $5. So with that said my only advice 8s that in the future set it up differently. I would have easily had $100 on that cause because I did believe what had happened and I did feel that drive to want to help but in today's world the worry of that 1% is to strong.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-29-2021, 10:55 AM
chevy79bu chevy79bu is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 149
Default

Since my wall of text post I noticed the recent link on the original donation thread giving somewhere to donate. They got my $100...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.