Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

You can be really miserly with what spells you buy as you level up. The only 12 spell i scribed was charm. I used suffocating sphere, charm, root, mez mainly. Occasionally i used buffs but they weren’t really necessary. I actually ended up vendoring my 12 and 16 animations as I wasn’t going to use them. You can always backfill the book later.

The sisters aren’t the only bandit camp in lfay btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be tempted to get a spyglass as my first 50p of gear, for resetting global spell cooldown with the instant click. To be replaced by a Rod of insidious glamour at level 30.
This is a great suggestion. I’ve been really missing a GCD item on my enc. This will surely be my first purchase.

If you want some interesting gear or a break from xp at 12+ you can do the stein of moggok quest and maybe pick up a crude stein from someone killing ogre guards.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:50 PM
Banned

So wisps are pretty hotly contested, I realized this AFTER I set my bind to NK, so now I’m kinda stuck there. Even at super off hours late last night, there was consistently 1-2 other people around my level trying to hunt down the ~5 different wisps that seem to spawn around the middle of zone. I could run my slow ass in circles around the zone for 30 min and not see a single wisp. I did eventually kill a few of them, but a nice fellow that buffed me and I got to chatting and he said to try bandits in WK, that the wisps just aren’t efficient money for the time unless no one is in NK

So I went to a bandit camp in WK and started practicing soothing/charming to break the camp, which I could do. The problem is I have to med to completely full mana and then everything has to go right, and if so I’ll have enough mana to kill 2 bandits at a time by charming one, killing the other, then breaking charm or waiting for it to break and killing the formerly charmed one. It became way too risky to try to kill 2 before killing the charmed one. Without a single +int on gear, I simply don’t have the mana pool to deal with a single thing that could go wrong yet. Overall charming bandits became more of a success than the wisps did tho

I don’t understand this resetting the GCD thing. I’m sure it’s useful but I haven’t needed it yet. I simply tash+charm a bandit, then pull the soothed one nearby with choke, then root the one I’m killing and stand way the hell back. If charm breaks I have more than enough time to cast charm again before the non-rooted one gets to me. If charm+root breaks, I’m probably effed, but luckily hasn’t happened yet. My biggest issue is not having a pet window to see who’s winning the dps race. AND when you are way the hell back, and trying to alternatively click the two targets (to check their health totals), it is high-impossible to do so unless you position yourself to the side of them. I know people use commands to have the pet report its health, which I haven’t used yet. Those and the GCD reset seem a little bit above the micromanagement I was planning to use on my first p99 char. I am already out if hotkeys in my action bar 1-6 with the pet attack and pet back off in there and spells that are too far to reach with alt+spellgem needed to be hotkeyed there

Edit: I have 2 honeycomb saved. I realize I need to run all the way to erudin to buy more tiny daggers soon (queynos can’t be bothered to stock that crap) so I can pick up another Stein component there. It’s the queynos fish one that seems a bit daunting for me due to the faction loss. I hear I’d have to make a new char just to kill fish which seems like a PITA
Last edited by unsunghero; 02-02-2021 at 01:02 PM..
Old 02-02-2021, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

all mobs have an attack delay of 30 = 3 seconds. all spell gems have a minimum cooldown of 2 seconds. the instaclicky used right after casting any spell skips this 2 seconds spell gem cooldown, allowing you to cast most spells again immediately. this is a gamechanging advanced tactic and you need to utilize it, especially when getting meleed down, ESPECIALLY on someone as frail as a chanter
Old 02-25-2021, 06:29 AM
Banned

I’ve been able to get basically all budget pre-planar bis gear (almost), which puts me at about 206 cha unbuffed, 224 buffed atm at level 27

But it leaves me at only ~127 int. This seems super low compared to what int the other cloth casters can get. I followed guides which say to do the +hp +ac rings rather than go for +int on ring slots. So basically I don’t see any ways to improve my int until very high level or possibly never. Is this low int fine on chanter??
Old 02-25-2021, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Low INT is fine especially since it doesn't scale as well as +Mana at low level. Also with Clarity and longer lasting Charms you don't need such a huge mana pool as much as say a Wizard or Cleric.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-26-2021, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Im not sure if I put this strat in here but its a lot of fun for a low level enchanter and can get you some good easy plat and exp.

charm this creature https://wiki.project1999.com/Dixl_Drool take her over to the SF island, or find a druid, and get her sow'ed.

Then take her to gargoyle island, and fear/have her backstab the gargs. Let her health get below 20% and stay there, while its below 20, when she breaks charm she'll run away, instead of attack you, so you can easily recharm. the garg will be likely feared while your doing this, so its SUPER easy, once you get it down.

She CHUNKS those gargs down with backstabs, its really fun, when you are killing skelly place holders, just tank so they face you and she takes em out after 1 or 2 swings.

You can just run around the island fearing/killing gargs and clearing the skeleton ph's making great exp from like 16-22/24, at which point you should just hop over to the sister island and charm kill those two guards until you're 32 or something.

Because of the 20% strat, and fear, you are safe to do this when she is a high con to you, starting as soon as you can land a charm on her!
Last edited by Jibartik; 02-26-2021 at 12:12 AM..
Old 02-26-2021, 02:03 AM
Banned

I haven’t been to OOT yet. I’ve been making money exclusively by solo dungeon crawling, whichever has the best vendor trash. I should just farm guards like everyone else and their mother, but I like the idea of being able to bank or shop anywhere. Plus sadly there’s not a whole lot to save for now other than big ticket things like jb or ggr. In no rush for those tbh
Old 02-26-2021, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

You want to make money 19-27 but you aren’t following the oot suggestion... you do realise the gargoyles can drop 20pp worth of low weight stackable loot per kill, right?
Old 02-26-2021, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

Unless a druid/wizard and you bind out there, not a fan of OoT myself. You sound like you are getting close to the level you could do some of sol a. They all drop finesteel there and you can even sell in zone to the gnomes.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:42 AM
Sarnak

I know you were likely exaggerating, but the young goblins near the entrance of Sol A drop rusty or bronze, too. Them ores, though...
Closed Thread