Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 10:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Surreal feeling being back

I just read about p99 green server after a long winter layoff and really wish I knew about it a few months ago when I had all the time in the world but I’m just happy to have found it. I played a human Paladin back in 2000-2003 so I made an iksar monk to try something different. I remember the Freeport area vividly but never really went to cabilis so it’s a whole new experience.

Question I have is should I remain in cabilis or move towards EC? I am only level 5 but would like to make some plat and get some decent gear but I’m not sure how to move about as a lizard on the mainland, especially at low levels. Any input would be appreciated and if you have a low level and want to play some my toon’s name is Jorom. Feels good to be back, having fun already!
Old 03-02-2021, 05:59 PM
Kobold

Druid ports to Kunark from other continents are restricted to Dreadlands atm which is a massive multi-zone pilgrimage away from Cabilis (highly dangerous for a low level considering some red con mobs see through invis)

Stay in Field of Bone until 9-10 then go to Kurn's Tower where you'll be good until 20. As an Iksar you run the problem of being constantly kill on sight to every player city guard and most merchants outside of Cabilis, which is enough to deter you from leaving Kunark. You'll have to keep coming back to train and like I said the walk from your trainer to the nearest ring or boat is horribly dangerous. But if you're feeling adventurous you'd better start making Druid friends and getting on their good side...

Otherwise glad you're having fun[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 03-02-2021, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Just find a druid bound at firepots, they can be in Cabilis in just a few seconds by the LOIO zone, at a safe spot.

I'd definitely stay in Kunark at least until Kurn's tower becomes too green (~20)

Necro is a very fun class on P99 (provided they don't get nerfed).
Old 03-02-2021, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

You never need to leave kunark unless you want to.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

I've run from Cabalis to overthere, to oasis to transfer items to my iksar monk.

Just watch out for guards on the dock. They kill iksars. I think you can still get on the boat without invis. But you need to ride up on one of the water barrels on the ship. The ship is also very glitchy. I usually do it without gear so I don't lose gear or plat.

I want to say something about it was dangerous but I don't remember what. (It is dangerous in general and you need to know where you are going.) Maybe I'm thinking about the part of swimming to firepot ports for a quick trip back to Cabalis.

Every time I have done the swim to firepots from the island it was safe and never any monsters swimming in the water. You have to head to the top of the map from the island. Once you hit the wall, follow the wall and you should be safe. Just don't drown and spam /loc. Its like a 15 or 20 minute swim though.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Easiest way is to get a good faction character around Firiona Vie. But the other way is a way to actually get the iksar on mainland without a port.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJohn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so it’s a whole new experience.
Question I have is should I remain in cabilis or move towards EC?
idk do you want that whole new experience or do you want to kill wisps?
Closed Thread