Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's because the hole is where everyone is. Because there are limited good spots to camp. It's very limited resources up for a lot of contention.

There's a reason mmorpg's aren't like classic EQ anymore - because a lot of EQ is just objectively bad game design.
I mean the hole isn’t necessarily that much better as a camp situation than other places. It just has a high ZEM on P99. There are plenty of decent spots to camp across old world and Kunark. As far as EXP content goes there is tons. P99 just has the hole as a high ZEM; and I’m not complaining about that because I liked how they kind of switched up some ZEMs. But don’t conflate high ZEM in a zone attracting lots of players with meaning there is limited content for those players to XP on elsewhere because there’s not
Old 03-07-2021, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But don’t conflate high ZEM in a zone attracting lots of players with meaning there is limited content for those players to XP on elsewhere because there’s not
I don't think anyone would disagree with this one sentence nor has anyone really. However, to avoid either you or I accusing each other past this point of making any slippery slope type arguments, I do have one setup here to re-paint the picture everyone is trying to paint here.

Imagine if they cut the ZEM of a zone down to giving something horrific, like 30% experience. (They haven't cut anything this badly, but there are some nasty cuts overall). Would you consider it rational to level in that zone primarily for experience gain? I wouldn't.

If we bring the number to a more realistic number like 90% normal experience vs 110% normal experience, is it so unusual for everyone to flock to the good stuff and write the 90% off completely as dead to them?

I don't think it's THAT crazy ;D

But our situation is one that's somewhere in between those two.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anyone would disagree with this one sentence nor has anyone really. However, to avoid either you or I accusing each other past this point of making any slippery slope type arguments, I do have one setup here to re-paint the picture everyone is trying to paint here.

Imagine if they cut the ZEM of a zone down to giving something horrific, like 30% experience. (They haven't cut anything this badly, but there are some nasty cuts overall). Would you consider it rational to level in that zone primarily for experience gain? I wouldn't.

If we bring the number to a more realistic number like 90% normal experience vs 110% normal experience, is it so unusual for everyone to flock to the good stuff and write the 90% off completely as dead to them?

I don't think it's THAT crazy ;D

But our situation is one that's somewhere in between those two.
Right but that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that everyone being in the hole for the reason you articulated above doesn’t mean the EQ was bad game design or had limited content. Everyone is in the hole because the ZEM has been set to the level it’s at not because there aren’t other places you could XP
Old 03-07-2021, 03:13 AM
Banned

I bought nearly a full set of Loam armor on my chanter then watched some of the pieces I bought fluctuate down -200pp in price in the next few weeks as sellers got desperate, I’m kind of kicking myself now about it because I know that stuff is going to come way the hell down as time goes on with how much of it is being circulated. Lots of supply, low demand
Old 03-07-2021, 07:38 AM
Banned

"After all we end up on blue" is still pure speculation anyway. It has not been confirmed or denied yet.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manakim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% ZEM outdoors, 150% on dungeons. Problem solved.
I really wish they would do this. sick of being pigeonholed into the same places time and time again.

And I don't even want to see the rotating hotspots to be honest like they had (have?) on live. that just means the contention won't go away. It will just change every now and again. They really need to spread it out.
Last edited by Xer0; 03-07-2021 at 08:33 AM..
Old 03-07-2021, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesocyclone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"After all we end up on blue" is still pure speculation anyway. It has not been confirmed or denied yet.
I don't agree with this. The only information we have is that green will roll into blue. It's actually speculation to suggest that it won't. The only evidence and statements that we have from the GM's is that it will
Old 03-07-2021, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

The economy has semi-artificial bottlenecking going on, specifically related to soulbound keys. Loot that would generally be distributed more equally among the player base is instead heavily loaded into certain players from certain guilds. Many of these guilds/players also have access to bullshit EC mules that are separate accounts. Instead of most legit players who do not cheat, there is zero opportunity cost for these mules to sit in EC until they get the price they want. They can sit there forever and it costs them nothing. So the non cheaters get screwed over double on this server, having to compete with cheaters using multiple accounts and now having to buy certain items from them as well.

If you were sitting there selling a piece for 1k plat for 5 hours, you might just start asking for 900 or or even less. But these guys don't care. They ruin the economy and make it unclassic too.

Sadly the only realistic way to fix it is what I suggested long ago, that they allow people to have a mule account that was 100% for EC. Couldn't go above level 5 and purely has to be used as an EC mule. Of course the mouthbreathers of p99 hated it, especially since so many of them are the aforementioned cheaters who benefit so much from this broken system. I also warned about the SB keys creating a fucked up economy and at a minimum suggested that HS be soulbound because it became soulbound very soon after release. It still not soulbound and it should have been for a long time already.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manakim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% ZEM outdoors, 150% on dungeons. Problem solved.
And you would just move the current situation in the hole to Seb. Which, I'm pretty sure is exactly why the devs funneled everyone into the hole. You can group for exp, or you can group in the other odds and ends Kunark dungeons for loot; you can't have both.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Water Flasks and Rations continue to be the same price they always were.

For everything else, you're paying for feelings.

Feelings are priceless.

Economy is fine.
Closed Thread