Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Default Vox Pathing?

Just a thought. If this has been posted before, please forgive me. I don't remember guilds pulling Vox through the cubby with the giant and icy terror adds that come with her, nor do I remember her coming out through the cubby with only a few adds.

Shouldn't she path around through the door at the king room where the diplomat spawns/sits? In essence, she would aggro more giants and mobs running through that direction. This way it would fix a pathing issue and a known exploit of the windowed client.

This is just how I remember it, and Logically how it should work. If we could get others comments on what they remember/think that would be awesome. It was obviously an ovesight of the developers not to tether vox like they did for Nagafen, but I don't remember her pathing through the cubby, although honestly I also don't remember guilds pulling her to the king room either.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:43 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since our pathing system is different, we don't have the same collision detection that live had. The work around we did for nagafen was setting up the leash system, but that needs some improvements. I think using the leash and making it so she drops her primary target's aggro when leashed would work fine.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 12-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since our pathing system is different, we don't have the same collision detection that live had. The work around we did for nagafen was setting up the leash system, but that needs some improvements. I think using the leash and making it so she drops her primary target's aggro when leashed would work fine.
That would probably work fine, I think you understand the problem though. Ideally her pathing would go as I said, but thats in a perfect world.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

I dunno, seems pretty realistic that she can fit through that tiny rock hole imo!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Kobold

Weren't the leashes added in Kunark when level requirements to engage were put in? I couldn't find any patch notes, aside from these two links. These are the only two patches I found containing Lady Vox.

Patch on June 22, 2000

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2000-1.html

Patch on October 08, 2009 states they added the leash to Vox.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ga...ate=10/08/2009

If you go to http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=2620 and search the words "Method II" you will see that a post being made on 2005-01-05 claims that their second pull method works because Lady Vox is *not* tethered to her room.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Last edited by Ponden; 12-16-2010 at 08:20 PM..
Old 12-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Kobold

Edit: repost
Old 12-16-2010, 08:23 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The leash has nothing to do with whether there was one on live or not. If you actually read my post, you'd see that it is a solution to a problem of not having the same collision and pathing system that live did. I don't care what live did with Vox/Nagafen in kunark other than the level limit which we will be implementing.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 12-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

The problem with those patch notes Ponden is that the game code (collision, as rogean said) doesnt work the way it did on live. Like a few other things on this server, we need to find work arounds to fix things to the best that we can.

A leash system for vox would do just that.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Large Bat

You don't remember guilds pulling her to the King room? Did you even play Everquest pre-leashing?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

*shrug* I don't remember it happening on E'ci, no.