Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Kobold

I understand that. But that still takes the pulling Vox to King room out of the picture, which was a legit strat for plenty of guilds in classic. There could be a better fix. What it could be? Not sure, I'm not creative.

Also, since we are discussing Lady Vox, when was using Lev to get into Vox's lair against rules? You don't need to be windowed mode for it, you just move forward when your "lev" is at its highest point. I remember mages doing it all the time to get places for COTH.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Old 12-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, since we are discussing Lady Vox, when was using Lev to get into Vox's lair against rules? You don't need to be windowed mode for it, you just move forward when your "lev" is at its highest point. I remember mages doing it all the time to get places for COTH.
But you can charm in fear.
Can't use manastones on planes before Kunark.

So, ya, things are like that around here.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Fire Giant

I recall Vox rampaging around the Permafrost Zoneline on Mith Marr once or twice...just as well as using the King room to kill her in.

But all of that is without proof.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:28 AM
Sarnak

I remember Vox as being leashed to her lair for the longest time, and then when they changed the direct x (I think from 7 to 8) and it broke the boats, that's when she became unleashed. She was able to get out of her lair and fight for a little bit, but then she would warp back to the lair (and if damaged enough start to summon the whole raid).

I used to go and sometimes lead a lot of pick up raids for vox during the velious/luclin era, and we always had to fight her in her lair. When she would get out she would warp back and we all camped to clear aggro.

It wasn't until much later, like 2005, when I had a super-twink SK that I would "solo" her with that I noticed she was no longer tethered, and I would fight her in the king room.

Memory can always be faulty, using the wayback machine the only thing I was able to find that mentioned anything about strats (I mean no one mentioned fighting her anywhere else than in her lair), but there was one comment that was talking about pulling the lair and it said:

"No one in their right mind would attack Vox without first pulling the giants out of the lair. Just be careful to make sure Vox is not residually agro -- use bind sight (by targeting the rock in the king room). If she's running into the wall and warping back to her spawn point, she's agro. "

I know it's not cement-solid proof, but it's something. This is from

http://web.archive.org/web/200107021....shtml?id=2620

which seems to be during the kunark era. Perhaps before kunark she was not leashed and it's only then that they leashed her, I never raided her personally at that time so I can only speculate.

Has anyone found comments that would suggest she was not leashed during classic?

cheers!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Large Bat

Vox wasn't leashed until around the time of the level cap, and then it was the level capping that if someone level 53 and above went into the room they were immediately teleported out. This was done so that 53+ could still go into perma to farm or pl or beat the monkey but do nothing during the actual Vox fight.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:14 AM
Fire Giant

Well, in an ideal situation, she would path through the diplomats door, like i said in previous posts, which means the giants have to be cleared or you will aggro 10+giants/terrors onto your raid.
People have said she was leashed much later on (end of kunarkish?) and it makes sense for the exact reason mee123 said. The problem that we have here is that, from what i can gather from rogean said, something (collision as he mentioned) is preventing them from pathing vox around through the door when you aggro her.

Thats why leashing is being discussed now as early as it is. It's quite simple to understand, and everyone here agree's that fighting her in the king room was an accepted strat, but we need to find a work around for it I guess.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Kobold

Its funny that this issue is brought up as a bug after we pulled Vox out of her lair like that. First lev was complained about, now this.

Its sad its trying to be changed now, instead of 13 months ago when the server launched. Not trying to R&F here, but that is how it seems. If she is leashed, its not classic. You cant just leash every mob with broken pathing, but I'm not Nilbog.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
Old 12-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Adding to this, the giants in her lair were see invis, and those were never bug reported. So, this post just seems to be, more or less, of a "lets cripple someones Classic era'd strat."
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
Old 12-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

My first ever Vox kill back on live was in 2003 (random pick up raid). I clearly remember her dying in one of the ice giants halls. I remember being so disappointed that I couldn't see much of her besides a torso and occasionally her head would pop down from the ceiling. Not sure if this is the same thing as being able to travel through the little hole but that was my experience.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Also, i seem to recall a time when WI was around where Vox was trained through 3 or 4 guilds all the way to the entrance TWICE, wiping 100+ people.

This was about 4 or 5 months ago.

WI, Div, Trans..was bound to be IB and DA somewhere in that mix as well unless they were staying just in sky at that point (Which may of been the case).