Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Orc

so wait I don't understand, the collision and pathing is not how it was in classic, so you want to add a leash (which was also not classic) to make it more classic? how does that work?
Old 12-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so wait I don't understand, the collision and pathing is not how it was in classic, so you want to add a leash (which was also not classic) to make it more classic? how does that work?
They want to make it so the current strategy doesn't work, is all.

You know, because that'll stop those mean old uber guilds!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

WI, Div, Trans..was bound to be IB and DA somewhere in that mix as well unless they were staying just in sky at that point (Which may of been the case).
I was there for every trans kill that we got a shot for and we didn't pull through to the zoneline not once, we had a specific strat that we followed through every time, which I can honestly say probably wiped us a bit more than we would want to say, even during the rotation period where we grudgingly had to give IB spawns at that point.

I just want to apologize if this came off like I'm trying to fix it after one guild beat my guild to the spawn. I would like Vox to path through the door like she is supposed to, but a work around works as well if its not possible to get it working correctly. That was the point, anyways.
I'd like this project to be as classic as possible just like 90% of everyone else here, and that was the first time I had personally seen vox with my own eyes being pulled through the cubby, so I spoke up yo.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:32 AM
Fire Giant

I gurantee you that Vox was ran to the Zoneline and wiped the zone a couple of times...if not to the zoneline, atleast past the king room. If it was pulled through cubby or not, I do not know, but i would assume it did path back through it.

Simply stating Vox was ran out of her room and wiped the zone from a comedic stand point rather than using it as an arguement.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Fire Giant

I don't know what the pathing is suppose to be like honestly, and for someone who has never seen her pulled out of her lair, it surprises me that you claim to know that she should path through the giants. I always viewed the giants as kind of the back way into her lair (supported by the notion that you have to move a rock out of the way to enter her lair from that direction). While it is odd that such a large dragon would fit through the tunnel that she currently paths through - going through the giant area is just as odd (if not more so).

I'm not trying to support one way or another - just saying that it makes just as little sense for her to path through the giants as it does for her to path through the tunnel you have to lev up.

As far as how she pathed on live, I never pulled her so I really can't say one way or another.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Banned

The times divinity has killed/fought vox she was never pulled to the zoneline. The "cubby" is close enough that her fear can hit about half of the king room, but that doesn't cause aggro and she never pathed there that I've seen. Farthest I've ever seen her move was the clickable rock before you get into her room.

There's been talk of the lev trick as being an exploit... what? it's completely viable for getting in/out of her lair, that's why it's there in the first place. She should be tethered for the sake of any noobie in the zone, but frankly I don't see why there's been another mob added that wasn't there on live. It just makes no sense to me
Old 12-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Aviak

Does anyone really believe that she was intended to be pull-able out of the lair? Really?

Vox never came out of her room except when she bugged. She certainly didn't fit out the back door and would continuously run into the rock door and stick/warp back and come at it again.

Only once did I ever see her bug out of the lair on live, and she ended up running into the 3 giant spawn room (behind the diplomat) in from behind the giant metal gate. This was after 10+ mins of people having agro on her so it was obviously a bug of one kind or another that got her out of the lair.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know what the pathing is suppose to be like honestly, and for someone who has never seen her pulled out of her lair, it surprises me that you claim to know that she should path through the giants. I always viewed the giants as kind of the back way into her lair (supported by the notion that you have to move a rock out of the way to enter her lair from that direction). While it is odd that such a large dragon would fit through the tunnel that she currently paths through - going through the giant area is just as odd (if not more so).

I'm not trying to support one way or another - just saying that it makes just as little sense for her to path through the giants as it does for her to path through the tunnel you have to lev up.

As far as how she pathed on live, I never pulled her so I really can't say one way or another.

I was just taking it from a logical point of view. I don't know that it did that for a fact personally, and friends have confirmed that it should go through the door, although it just seems logical that she cant fit through the cubby. Not saying it didn't happen, but when other people can confirm it for me, along with logical reasoning, the answer should be pretty obvious.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not saying it didn't happen, but when other people can confirm it for me, along with logical reasoning, the answer should be pretty obvious.
Can you link videos please? Leash was added to Vox on live, so you can't use live as an example.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Old 12-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you link videos please? Leash was added to Vox on live, so you can't use live as an example.
Live has been used as an example for fixes/workarounds in many situations.