Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default started on red again, where does pvp happen?

So I am giving red another try. So far though, the only pvp action I've come across in 40 lvls is twinks trying to gank ppl 4 levels lower or griefers waiting till an exp group is engaged to 5 mobs to strike.

So where does the actual PVP go down? Is it only happening for raids or higher level dungeons? Almost every group I've been in so far is afraid to PVP people and would much rather exp than PVP. Its almost as if.it is frowned upon to PVP people, I've even had people curse me out for trying to engage them in PVP fun. I also had a mistmoore group kick me out for killing someone while I was pulling mobs for our group.

So far only difference between red and blue is global OOC, a ton of foul language and bigotry, and an insane exp bonus. So any red vets wanna offer some advice on where PVP action is at on red99? I mean real PVP too not jumping lowbies on twinked alts or griefing exp groups who already have mobs on them?

Thx looking to do some battle tonight after school.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Banned

define "real pvp"
Old 12-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I am giving red another try. So far though, the only pvp action I've come across in 40 lvls is twinks trying to gank ppl 4 levels lower or griefers waiting till an exp group is engaged to 5 mobs to strike.

So where does the actual PVP go down? Is it only happening for raids or higher level dungeons? Almost every group I've been in so far is afraid to PVP people and would much rather exp than PVP. Its almost as if.it is frowned upon to PVP people, I've even had people curse me out for trying to engage them in PVP fun. I also had a mistmoore group kick me out for killing someone while I was pulling mobs for our group.

So far only difference between red and blue is global OOC, a ton of foul language and bigotry, and an insane exp bonus. So any red vets wanna offer some advice on where PVP action is at on red99? I mean real PVP too not jumping lowbies on twinked alts or griefing exp groups who already have mobs on them?

Thx looking to do some battle tonight after school.
Maybe you can run around and /duel people. Make sure you have them appraise your gear so they can strip down to where you feel its an even fight. Hire a referee too.

This game is hard.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

yes
Old 12-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Like open battles between ppl over territory or camps, something besides some random red con wiz trying to nuke you down while ur group is fighting mobs.

Also is it generally frowned upon on red99 to look for a fight? Maybe I'm just grouping with too many recent converts from blue? Idk but ut seems like people get upset when pvp happens.

For example last night this wizard/bard duo was trying to PK my group in MM and they both got wrecked, the wizard then proceedes to curse me out and call me racial slurs in tells until I ignored him. It just seems like there is very little sportsmanship. But again, I've only made it to lvl 40 and only had about 10 pvp encounters but each one resulted in some sort of obnoxious reaction from the loser.

So is this stuff normal for red and will I find more players interested in PVP post-40?
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Read entire post blue is you're scene see you over there pal!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Banned

idk 56+ pvp all day but yeah people still do get mad nature of the game
Old 12-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For example last night this wizard/bard duo was trying to PK my group in MM and they both got wrecked, the wizard then proceedes to curse me out and call me racial slurs in tells until I ignored him.
Did you make sure he was ready at full mana and geared the same as you?
I mean, he was engaged with other players. Maybe you should have waited for a one on one so it could have been considered "PVP"
Old 12-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

It's true, red has a big leveling atmosphere lower level. The exception is lv 10, which seems to attract pks because you can make a lv 10 pk alt in a matter of hours,so not much effort. After level 10 99% of the pk players you see will be randoms trying to level and maybe pvp a few people, which is fine as far as i'm concerned. Thing is tho that until your guilded pickup groups are going to be how you're getting by, so you face the choice of potentially making enemies with someone in your level range or leveling quick. If i was you i'd just level and keep your enemies relatively small, make to many and you might end up being denied a group and/or join one only to find someone you killed.
Last edited by BardPop; 12-09-2014 at 09:33 PM..
Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Do yourself a favor and avoid PvP at all costs til 60 like everyone else.

Or leave anon off and hope that it comes to you.
Closed Thread