Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Overcast is smart.

Honestly if you are getting trained because you are collecting in a single area, disperse. The market zone is EC. The trading areas are wherever you want to meet in EC or NFP or Neriak or wherever else you feel inclined to go.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The odds you turn your MQ2 off for P99 but use on other servers are slim.
Those that know me know I never used it on 99 and I don't even play there anymore, so come to whatever conclusions you want ^.^ It's a Dev/boxing tool for the most part
Old 07-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Overcast shows much wisdom. Must be because of the Power Armor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 07-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overcast shows much wisdom. Must be because of the Power Armor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hehe
Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the EC tunnel is too dangerous because of trainers, why not just relocate elsewhere?
I'm bound across the zone far away from all that bullshit, but that doesn't change the fact when I've found something to buy/sell people in the tunnel don't want to run across the zone, so I STILL have to go inside the tunnel.

There's no solution other than dev intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Aviak

You could always do what we did in classic and expected a train... No need to do anything about this. It's part of the game.

Jeice - Gnome Necromancer
Winkyfeet - Halfelf Bard

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with the ranger Jiece, who seems to have incorrectly spelled my name.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could always do what we did in classic and expected a train... No need to do anything about this. It's part of the game.
Exactly!

Even if the number of trainers here tripled - it would still be 70% less idiocy than WoW has, lol

Here's the brilliant thing about EQ - as compared to other MMOs.
Other MMO's don't require much patience, persistence, or tenacity - EQ requires a LOT. It challenges you in ways that 'easy' MMOs won't.

Take it in stride - heck, people doing stupid crap - training you, etc, etc - kill stealing - has MORE THAN ONCE in this game built lasting relationships between those seemingly on the 'short end of the stick'. Heck it's even resulted in lasting guild alliances.

Just dealing with various situations EQ will toss as you, can build friendships, patience, and persistence. I had a long-time friend on EQLive - we just ended up in a PUG - ended up dealing with some idiots - and then hung out for quite some time in game - because of that 'bad' situation.

See - sometimes - on the surface when a situation looks 'bad' - you need to LOOK DEEPER, many people miss the opportunity it presents.

Often - just your own viewpoint can trump just about anything life tosses at you.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

To sum that up: a person's character is not ever built by convenience and complacency - it's built with strife and challenge.

We wanted a challenge - we got it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Kobold

For those of you saying "Don't change it!" a few things are obvious:

1. You are not dying to this every day.

2. You forget that on Live serial-training was a bannable offense.

3. You misunderstand the concept of "wanting EQ to be hard." The game should be and is hard for various reasons, but scrubs training you repeatedly, on purpose, should not be one of them. I have no problem with accidents, noobs not calling a train, etc. I do have a significant problem with momentarily going AFK to pull boiling water off the stove, for example, and coming back dead and then grudgingly paying for a rez only to find myself getting killed again the MOMENT I rez. That's not "hard," that's retarded.

EC is and should continue to be one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game. However, that does not include scrubs purposely training Rinna/Slate repeatedly with impunity.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Large Bat

Knock her down to Lv51 until Kunark comes out.
Closed Thread