Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never played a porter class and can guarantee if you're making 100pp an hr you are doing it wrong and also wasting your time.
What do think most players pay for ports? Most are paying on average between 10-30 per port. Maybe I have bad luck with players who want ports but they are paying now 200-400pp per port.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:50 PM
Kobold

hi im a lvl 60 monk w/ epic and fungi and i tipped 0 monies for a port. hahahahahahaha
Old 09-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My issue with Dial A Port is encountering them while they are exping. It should be no surprise that this kind of guild attracts some of the stupidest players in the game. Porting around people instead of exping at money camps says it all. I have encountered some of their members killing the gnolls at split paw for their scrolls to exp off of.... At level 45.... Thereby depriving lower level players the exp from killing gnolls. I have seen their Druids root rotting mobs that normal Druids and wizards quad. I have met a few members from the guild that are competent players but the vast majority of them are slow adults.
This whole rant is wrong.

Porting people has a (potentially) great mana to plat ratio. 300mana for 10-100p is better than most all vendor trash camps. And you can alt-tab out, chat with friends or generally not pay attention while you do it.

Gnoll scrolls are amazing Exp 45+ unless its been nerfed. I don't know who might be "depriving lower levels" from gnolls, I suspect you're just projecting. Most people just bind in hand-in and then port to NK->SK and auction to buy the things.

And why do you care how people Exp? Sometimes its nice to quad, sometimes its nice to lazily root rot. Sometimes its fun to charm. Not sure why you seem to care, but that's just one of the great parts about being a druid, we have tons of options to level.

You just seem mad. I only log on my druid to goof around and help people out, and I know I'm not the only one. Porting for some plat on the side is just a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not looking for a fight but I would love to meet the players you are porting and see how much they are paying you per port? The most I have ever gotten was 100pp and that was because I picked the player up and took him to a new zone.

If it's so easy to make 73K in 26 days then who wouldn't take the time to just port people around instead of grinding it out and buy everything they wanted.

Do you guys playing like 16 hours a day? Do you charge a set rate to port?

73k in 26 days is ~3k plat per day. There are tons of camps out there you could do and earn 73k in a months time, starting in the 40s.

DAP doesn't allow set rates for ports. You just have to be on at the right time (raids starting) and be porting raiders.. and way more people pay ~50p than 10p for ports, at least in my experience. The most I've been tipped for a port is a CFE (1.5k) but I know others have had better. The most I've made in an afternoon (3-4 hours) was ~7k, but I've had plenty of times where I make less than 500p per hour.
Last edited by Crawdad; 09-15-2016 at 07:18 PM..
Old 09-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

80k in 26 days from just porting? Lol. I guess the beauty of this game is you can play it however you like, but I am curious how many hours you put in each day to do that. I have played fairly casually since starting 60 days ago. I am almost level 60 now and I have made roughly that same amount of plat while leveling up to where I am and twinking out an alt. If I put in more time I'm sure I could make even more plat. Again this is primarily from just quadding and getting to go afk and do other things for 10 minutes while waiting for full mana. To each their own, I suppose, but porting people endlessly for long hours on end every day sounds like hell to me and definitely not worth it in my humble opinion.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=255034
Old 10-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

How in the hell is this still in server chat? This should be in Rants and Flames where it belongs. Or is it OK to flame in server chat now?
Old 10-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess the beauty of this game is you can play it however you like...[/I]
Really, what I have found most annoying on P99 is how many players judge how and what others do in the game. Just like IRL actually. When someone else is doing nothing that harms another, but what they do is not enjoyed or understand by someone else, why must that activity be belittled and made fun of, or criticized as stupid and foolish?

It's the same here. Bunch of people ranting about how some druids make plats. Really, why do you give a shit?

If you think your way of playing or making plats is superior, that's great I suppose... But to not realize and understand that some players ENJOY porting for money is narrowminded and foolish imo.

It's the same with class choices too. I grow weary of hearing "but this class is useless and this class is better yada yada yada..." If some people enjoy a certain class, they obviously don't care that it can't solo raid mobs and requires a group to do well! Just stop judging what other people enjoy doing in a game, it's ridiculous.
Closed Thread