Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

I didn't read anything past the first page, but I just rolled a warrior alt and am leveling him around EC. I get invited to an orc group every time I log in. Just start sending tells and create your own group if you can't find one.

Yes, most people have some really nice gear on their low level alts, but you can still find a lot of people willing to do duos or trios. Also, the stuff in EC is soloable even without really good gear. I split my leveling in live from 1-15 between WFP, EC, and NRo. I'd say 50% of that was soloing. Just ask for a couple of buffs at the EC tunnel entrance and you'll plow through a few levels in a very short amount of time. As you progress in levels you'll find that twinked or not, groups start becoming a bit of a necessity if you aren't one of the classes that is innately good at soloing.

Lastly, we all know this isn't 100% classic, especially after 9 years. It is, however, hands-down the best simulation of Norrath in its glory days and we are very lucky we get to enjoy it for free.
Last edited by shams; 09-06-2018 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: 1-15, not 0-15 :p
Old 09-06-2018, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe they just don't want to group with you, b/c shit attitude?
Old 09-06-2018, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reset the Server. In 1.5 years, another player shows up complaining about that same thing. Every time someone complains, Reset the Server just for them.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is an EQ with kunark/velious issue, not just the server itself. There is such a larger time sync between 50-60 than 1-50 that casual players end up there slogging away there instead of the putzing through the lower levels on alt, etc. So the server will always end up top heavy and PL'ing alts at lower levels.
That's sort of right, but none of us remember a server that was anywhere close to being as top heavy on live right? I started playing live in Velious, and didn't even see Kunark or Velious for many months, yet I had zero issues finding people to play with in the old world.

The problem isn't Kunark, it's the fact that Blue had Kunark for seven years. Which leads me to ...

Quote:
Reset the Server. In 1.5 years, another player shows up complaining about that same thing. Every time someone complains, Reset the Server just for them.
That's actually fairly close to how the new Green/Recycle will (in theory) work someday. Server starts in 2021, runs along the classic timeline to 2023, resets (possibly shuffling everyone's character on to Blue?) and then runs again from 2025-2027, and again from 2027-2029, etc.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

*looks over his various characters and their equipment and weapons...

No, not every one of us is a twink since some of us find the "challenge" of being the poor, struggling character enjoyable. Hell, I have casters that are level 20 and still need some of their level 12 and level 16 spells, much less their newest level 20 spells (all varieties of spells, not just the "junk" spells). My gear is so ~cheap~ that I see items people sold to vendors being better than my own.

And for the most part, I prefer soloing because as the original poster noted, many, many, many people are twinked and my lackluster gear will shy them away from me. I prefer to adventure at my own pace and not to continuously grind away for maximum efficiency. After my time years ago on Live with people telling me I am playing this game so wrong, once I discovered this server, short of grouping with my brother (who is quite patient with my quirks), I prefer the soloist lifestyle. A lifestyle that does not take me to the hot spots, but some backwards zone in the game. Perhaps one night I will adventure there too since on Live, as fast as expansions were released, I missed adventuring in today's current hot spot zones.

Just my thoughts.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Np, if you need help coping let me know snowflake.
Is there any other generic overused misunderstood terms you would care to regurgitate?

I think we are all anxiously awaiting your next well though out one liner
Old 09-06-2018, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

its weird how no one else is complaining about this "problem"
Old 09-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiadashi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any other generic overused misunderstood terms you would care to regurgitate?

I think we are all anxiously awaiting your next well though out one liner
Triggered?
Old 09-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

In the years I've been on this server, I've never even once seen someone shamed or denied a group because of their character's gear. Especially as a new player. Not even once.

Even playing a Rogue as my first character when every other low and mid level Rogue had a Ragebringer already (pre fix to 46 requirement) I never got deneid or made fun of at all. Maybe people were thinking it... But if so they kept it to themselves.

I just have a hard time believing this actually happens. If anything... People on this server are very proud of what they have earned in their time playing here. I doubt anyone would mind grouping with a new player that may actually be "impressed" by their gear or thinks their character is cool..

Outside of playful banter between guildies/friends if someone happens to have one funny item that stands out so blantantly compared to the rest of their gear... Or maybe a tank that's new to a guild and still in full Crusty armor might not be allowed to tank AoW.. I can't imagine this actualy happening
Old 09-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People routinely don’t invite people out of the fear of forming a non ideal group. That’s the biggest issue I’ve seen that impedes groups.
Fake News
Closed Thread