Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. This is just my opinion, but unless you're a soloing class who can't cast resist spells, I really think the blue flower is a terrible item.

It's the most expensive item in all of Plane of Mischief (nothing else requires four thrones). If you can cast Resist Magic (which most soloing classes can) the flower only nets +10 more MR ... when soloing (presumably in a raid, or a group where it matters, you'd get Group Resist Magic, which is better than the flower).

If you're a Bard, Monk, Mage, Shadow Knight, Necromancer, or Wizard who regularly solos stuff that casts, it might be worth getting ... but for everyone else it's just an expensive status symbol.
I have to reiterate and agree with what was already said: getting MR in a raid can sometimes be a pain in the ass. I can't think of many better ways to spend 120k on a raid tier level 60 after the more obvious needs are taken care of.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:44 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks can cast aego?
Yes.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to reiterate and agree with what was already said: getting MR in a raid can sometimes be a pain in the ass. I can't think of many better ways to spend 120k on a raid tier level 60 after the more obvious needs are taken care of.
I guess it depends on your Enchanters'/guilds' tolerance for playing the "group buff dance".

I do have good news to report on that front though: by September Blue will have /targetgroupbuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(It's in one of the last pre-Luclin patches ... I want to say it's in the other part of Chardok 2.0, but I'm not certain.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also wow to that buff lines page, who wrote all that? You? Good lord. Very informative but wow. Very complete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swear, I started the page just because a guildie asked a stacking question in guild chat, and I thought "the wiki doesn't have a stacking page yet? How hard could that be to add?" ... little did I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is like the first time I think I've seen you have an opinion about something lol usually its just data on the wiki you post about lol

Nice to see you have feelings loramin.
Yup, blue flowers, focusing on leveling over gear, and rotations making EQ content available to the masses: that's pretty much all I have strong opinions on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And I get a lot less "hate mail" when I express the first two.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-16-2019 at 03:29 PM..
Old 07-16-2019, 03:27 PM
Kobold

MR flower is pretty clutch if you're a Melee raiding class, especially a puller, or if you like doing duo/trio stuff without buff classes. Having all 5 flowers is great, TBH.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess it depends on your Enchanters'/guilds' tolerance for playing the "group buff dance".

I do have good news to report on that front though: by September Blue will have /targetgroupbuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(It's in one of the last pre-Luclin patches ... I want to say it's in the other part of Chardok 2.0, but I'm not certain.)
So is it guaranteed that they are implementing all of that pre-luclin stuff or just assumed? I'm not abreast on all of that.
Last edited by Psyborg; 07-16-2019 at 03:42 PM..
Old 07-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

monks aren't shaman or necros or enchs or... wait, fuck
Old 07-16-2019, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So is it guaranteed that they are implementing all of that pre-luclin stuff or just assumed? I'm not abreast on all of that.
The plan for P99, at least as long as I've been around, has always been to go up to the very last patch Verant ever made before Luclin was released.

Also, that plan always included finishing all of the code for classic EverQuest on "beta Blue" first, so that when Green was released it would essentially require zero coding. The devs would just put all the work they've been doing for the past decade on "autoplay", and the server would just do it's thing.

So while they haven't guaranteed that they'll finish patching Blue before they release Green, that's always been the plan ... and thus my belief that we'll have targeted group buffs by September.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:37 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
I is vury smat. I am took penismanship 101 at universiday.
Closed Thread