Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say base it around the 20%ers, but the warm bodies count for something. You're not splitting raids because you have 100 people with 70%+ raid attendance. Letting shit rot that people spent hours of their time working for is just absurd. If nobody wants to pay the minimum DKP to buy it, at least put it up for /random.
Since the majority of raids on phinny are scheduled, if you can't maintain 70% attendance you're probably in the wrong guild for your schedule. Tons of people who couldn't cut it on p99 due to the volatility of the raid spawns maintain very high attendance on phinny.

Find a guild that raids on the two to three nights you are free and barring family disasters, you can easily make most of them.
Rxtx - 60 Necromancer | Pushn - 51 Monk
Old 12-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even 20%'ers can afford 35 dkp. Letting rot loot go for 1 dkp or free /random causes problems to arise. Namely people will make behind the curtain agreements to not bid against eachother in the interest of getting items for free. Say a Bard only item drops and all the bards talk to eachother and agree not to bid then it goes to /random and they can just get it for free. This kind of thing happens all the time and lots of classes already work together to avoid bidding eachother up and make agreements ahead of time on who will get what for cheap.

It sucks when loot gets destroyed but I understand why it does and given the alternatives (Cuck council/RNG rolls) I'd say DKP is a pretty damn solid tried and true loot distribution system. If you want to argue you should be able to buy items for 1 dkp and just have a decay system to prevent too much inflation. I'd be open to having that discussion cause I think there might be some merit to that. But you can't win em all. I think OGC is pretty fair.
/random is fairer than DKP and loot council. Pure math is infallible. Any system beyond /random is just an ad hoc system that people rationalize as fair because they think that one person at any given event should count more than another person, when the truth of the matter is all count the same for a particular encounter. If you don't want to share with someone, don't invite them along. Anything else is just taking advantage of them, even more so when you let loot rot.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Kobold

Raindrops, drop tops
Smokin' on cookie in the hotbox
Fuckin' on your bitch she a thot, thot
Cookin' up dope in the crockpot
Old 12-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Kobold

random is for retards.

alts dont bid against mains. if two alts bid each other up to 200 and a main chimes in and wants it for 35, main gets it for 35.

35 dkp is like less than 4 hours raiding, if you cant manage that you dont deserve loot so fuck off.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
random is for retards.

alts dont bid against mains. if two alts bid each other up to 200 and a main chimes in and wants it for 35, main gets it for 35.

35 dkp is like less than 4 hours raiding, if you cant manage that you dont deserve loot so fuck off.
The dice don't play favorites. People do. Everything else is just rationalization. It's fine if you don't mind being a player or being played, just don't call it fair.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dice don't play favorites. People do. Everything else is just rationalization. It's fine if you don't mind being a player or being played, just don't call it fair.
Explain to me how DKP is unfair? Is earning money at your job to buy things that other people without jobs can't afford unfair? More time/effort invested = more loot is the ultimate goal of distributing loot imo. If u think /random achieves that best you're a special kind of stupid that I've never even heard of.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Sarnak

lol @ destroying loot people can actually use
Old 12-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ destroying loot people can actually use
if you could have used it you should have spent less than 4 hours dkp on it.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Or joined a guild that doesn't shit on its players.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Explain to me how DKP is unfair? Is earning money at your job to buy things that other people without jobs can't afford unfair?.
I did in another thread. Your job analogy doesn't compare. I'm not an economist, statistician, bayesian rationalist or even that good at math and logical arguments. But I know the argument that DKP is fair is unsound. I'll try to explain it, will probably fail to make anyone understand and get trolled in the process, but here it is anyway:

Dollars in the real world to spend on things in the real world are not the same as DKP in the virtual world to spend on virtual things because nobody is standing in line at McDonald's bidding against each other for a cheeseburger.

You don't go to work with 30 other people just so that one guy gets a cheeseburger, purchased with virtual bucks.

Quote:
More time/effort invested = more loot is the ultimate goal of distributing loot imo.
More time/effort invested = more loot with /random. Laws of Probability are universal laws. You can't argue them away. If you /random more, you win more loot on average.

DKP does not distribute as evenly as /random. This is a fact. People who don't show up to raids as often won't spend their DKP on the shit that (apparently you stupidly let rot) because they are saving up for higher value items. These are the 20%ers or less maybe? Or if you're elitist, the 50%ers, since you kicked all of the 20%ers. It doesn't matter where you shift the line, someone is getting shafted. Anyway, the 35 minimum DKP loot is getting scooped up by the top tier, because the lower tiers are saving their DKP for the things they want, but the top tier is still getting the majority of the top loot as well as the bottom loot, because they can afford it, so the guy on the bottom is getting shafted.
Quote:
If u think /random achieves that best you're a special kind of stupid that I've never even heard of
If you're not looking at the math, you need to re-evaluate who the special kind of stupid one is. Post the numbers of the last three months of DKP accrued, raids attended and loot distributed and we'll see who's right. I bet Clue's numbers are more in line for what people should be getting when it comes to time invested.
Closed Thread