Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 06:00 AM
Orc

Cats on the moon....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEkkocMJQgM
Old 01-29-2019, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

I actually didn't play during SoL. Still, just say no to furries.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

Nexus and its porting system, and the new character models except for Barbarians and Iksar.

I love Beastlords though and consider that one of the greatest class ideas. Maybe just not at the expansion outset the way the pets worked before fixed to be like mages and necros. I think Paldulal Caverns and the bazaar are cool.

I'm indifferent to Vah Shir.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin hinted to the end of eq with its quality of life "improvements" beginning to emerge. Planes of Power sealed the deal tho.

Big cons of luclin:
-took me out of a tolkein style fantasy land and into SPACE! (Wait, come again?)
-introduced CATMAN! Uh from SPACE! (Is this still the same game?)
-teleporting begins with spires (and one step closer to teleport books)
-bazaar. While i agree convenient as hell, destroyed the player interaction bartering which was a big part of the game.
-new models and animations were ALL terrible! Someone in this thread said they "weren't all bad" yes I'm sorry they were. Spell casting, sitting, standing, swinging weapons and even just running looked strange and clunky.
-luclin ushered the start of making old content obsolete. Classic-velious had balance and luclin started to ruin that. An example is paludal caverns destroying any other previous leveling zone 1-24.

Pros of luclin:
-shared bank begins i think?
-beastlords
-ssra temple was kinda fun?
-alternate advancement making classes like the Ranger finally complete.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 01-29-2019 at 06:57 AM..
Old 01-29-2019, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin world felt too disconnected from what came before, had less interesting zones in design and lore, and never made sense on a basic level to me either. I wasn't convinced that it encompassed the full surface of a moon, nor that the ecosystems/structures/residents made any sense whatsoever. The bazaar deservedly gets hate for how it broke down player interaction and local economy, but really why the fuck is there this random bazaar, far away from anything else, in the underground of the moon, randomly connected to a teleporter room, which is randomly connected to some nondescript town called Shadow Haven?

There were tons of unnecessary time sinks, between the keys for zones and the AA's, and they didn't balance the zones well in comparison to previous content. I also thought the mounts were stupid and most of the new models sucked. The new class of Beastlord was not well designed, even though the base idea fits well for EQ; instead of going out into the wilds and actually being a "beast lord", you just summoned one, and then had to throw all these buffs on the pet that made no sense. The class randomly had Shaman spells and a mana regen buff in addition to their powerful pet and decent melee capability. Seems like they just wanted to create a class that could solo uber easy, while being caster and melee at the same time, thus letting the casual players feel like they could do everything. Beastlords were an essentially useless addition to the upper end of the game (their DPS lessened at highest levels and scaled poorly against high level mobs); only their mana regen buff made them relevant, which makes no sense thematically. I did like how each race got a different pet visual, but eh, a poorly thought-out mishmash overall.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:26 AM
Sarnak

Me looking for dragons on the moon..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 01-29-2019, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

I liked luclin. Sue me
Old 01-29-2019, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

People say P99 be like it is but it do.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People say P99 be like it is but it do.
well said
Old 01-29-2019, 08:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin hinted to the end of eq with its quality of life "improvements" beginning to emerge. Planes of Power sealed the deal tho.

Big cons of luclin:
-took me out of a tolkein style fantasy land and into SPACE! (Wait, come again?)
-introduced CATMAN! Uh from SPACE! (Is this still the same game?)
-teleporting begins with spires (and one step closer to teleport books)
-bazaar. While i agree convenient as hell, destroyed the player interaction bartering which was a big part of the game.
-new models and animations were ALL terrible! Someone in this thread said they "weren't all bad" yes I'm sorry they were. Spell casting, sitting, standing, swinging weapons and even just running looked strange and clunky.
-luclin ushered the start of making old content obsolete. Classic-velious had balance and luclin started to ruin that. An example is paludal caverns destroying any other previous leveling zone 1-24.

Pros of luclin:
-shared bank begins i think?
-beastlords
-ssra temple was kinda fun?
-alternate advancement making classes like the Ranger finally complete.

Bazaar made some interesting stuff beside the killing the whole immersive trading in EC, but yeah that could begone. They shouldn't have even added spires it just made wizards and droods a bit obsolete, that being said. Looking at some of the old zones and how popular the game was back at the time, I think they were trying to alleviate the crowded zones with more newer zones that can compete to stop the clutter but given how nice some of the zones were an how Brutal the other zones were in comparison was just very rough.

I felt like the newest addition to content they pushed it made it a bit easier to maintain mana and other stuff as well with a whole new slew of twink gear and such.
Closed Thread