Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Large Bat

I think we may be SOL on this one. There are threads about error SP-1 going back years, and other than some people having an issue with a .dll file being stopped by antivirus, there has been no resolution.

*That I can find.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:08 PM
Large Bat

So yea...

I have been meaning to wipe my computer for a while and this gave me the impetus to do so. Bare metal install. New everything.

No change.

If this is still a completely client-side issue, I am flabbergasted as to how.

*And in case someone asks, yes, it worked flawlessly for a couple of weeks after initial install.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Location: Currently, NW WA State; formerly, CO; preferrably TX-FL.

Thanks, McCoy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2019, 08:06 AM
Kobold

I know you said your internet connection is fine, but every time I've experienced the same problems logging in as you it was when my internet connection was being shitty.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:29 AM
Large Bat

I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I am not sure how to gauge this as the issue. I can do anything else on the internet, before, after, and during for that matter. So I don't think my connection is to play, but I will double check it to make sure.

Thanks again.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Have you guys tried using a VPN? They only cost $5-10 a month (so they're cheap/easy enough to try), and on Linux at least I've seen using one help with connection issues.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:46 AM
Large Bat

I have one, ExpressVPN. I tried a couple of servers close to me but they seemed to be blocked by P1999. I will try a couple of others further away to see if there is any difference.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate your time.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Huh, odd: I use Private Internet Access. Like I said, far from being blocked, I can't even get the server to show up without it (but again, I'm on Linux).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:15 PM
Kobold

I've been testing things literally for 6 hours now. On my old PC which ran p99 with no issues for years I updated the spell files and recreated the same issues. This leads me to believe it may be a connectivity thing since they are both on the same network. No solution as of yet.

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Old 06-15-2019, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Have you tried changing your DNS server?

I was searching some old forum posts and there was one where someone couldn't see the server in the server select screen and it ended up being a DNS issue. Not the exact same issue, but similar enough to warrant trying it out I suppose.