Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-22-2019, 09:00 PM
Sarnak

Default WardersOfTheClaw faction starting value is Apprehensive not KoS

Starting faction for WardersOfTheClaw (Aka Faction472) should be apprehensive and not KoS as per classic sources.

Here we can see Tigole cons mobs on this faction as Apprehensive during his first exploration in the zone.
Date: April 2001
http://www.legacyofsteel.net/gallery...ages/motg1.jpg

In this screenshot from the second sentry they killed the faction is listed as
"Faction472".
http://www.legacyofsteel.net/gallery...lentrydown.jpg

In this screenshot we can see Tigole shout that "Only Master of the Guard is KoS so far"
http://www.legacyofsteel.net/gallery.../sleepers3.jpg

Faction472 is renamed to WardersOfTheClaw sometime after April 2001 and may or may not be classic.
https://spells.eqresource.com/dbstrh...p?mdy=11142018
Excerpt: ID: 472^45 Warders of The Claw^0

Note: This was mentioned as a side note in another bug report I created but should really be its own NPC Spawn Issue thread.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:09 PM
Former Guide

As a purist I can appreciate this, however not sure how specific they will time code sleepers tomb. Initially after it was discovered, it was 100% not itemized and contained all human npcs with 1hp, even the "!ZoneShoutOn" npc at zone in, and even the sleeper itself.

First time sleeper script activated it spawned a human npc, next time sleeper awoke after 1 warder was killed and others still active and had to be reset.

Point is, can't cherry pick the specifics such as unfinished faction without the rest.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

The starting faction value is the primary reason for the post, not the name of the faction (that just came up so i wanted to explain it). Starting apprehensive vs starting KoS makes a big difference for the zone especially since its not one many people get to explore.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:46 PM
Former Guide

I think I misunderstood that it was set to KoS after the name change. I suspect they may also want later era evidence to support this, I am guessing faction pulling is going to be exploitable.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I misunderstood that it was set to KoS after the name change. I suspect they may also want later era evidence to support this, I am guessing faction pulling is going to be exploitable.
Trash assists MoTG, there are not trash near TFA to be affected either way, and prog will be assisted by his whole room plus any pathers or static mobs in MoTGs room that get in range. Killing any of the names lowers Faction472, but they themselves are of course KoS. This is basically exactly how it functions now.

We can see screenshots of the first MoTG kill where they were forced to clear the whole area of trash, if it didn't assist that wouldn't have been needed.

Below are the screenshots - all the trash is dead.
https://imgur.com/qFJQodD
Last edited by Vsai; 10-22-2019 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-22-2019, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

The issue with later era proof of starting faction is that by virtue of time it will decrease. Both trash kills and name kills all lower it, this evidence is unique in that it is clearly labeled on the front page as their first exploratory trek into the zone.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:07 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue with later era proof of starting faction is that by virtue of time it will decrease. Both trash kills and name kills all lower it, this evidence is unique in that it is clearly labeled on the front page as their first exploratory trek into the zone.
Clearly they aren't the only source for info, and new people got keyed and could verify their faction.

I don't speak for devs, they may implement based on this. But as a researcher, I try as best I can to find additional sources and verify the behavior continued past server timeline. I know a lot of updates in particular occurred in ST as more people got keyed for the zone and worked the encounters