Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 03:43 AM
Aviak

Default When/Where did you play?

Ive recently stumbled across the site, and having been a former EQ beta tester and player for the first few years of the game i cannot wait for my chance to step back in time and play the game before it became to diluted. Since i ordered my EQ platnuim version online during the holiday season, i find myself with alot of time to lurk on the boards, I was wondering if i might of played with any of the people here. So i thought i would start a thread on when and where people played.

I was a DE Necro (Dreyn)on Rallos Zek at the time of the games release to about 9 months after release and a human monk (Pewj) on Lanys server when the server first opened and played there till the game DAOC came out.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Planar Protector

I raided with Rogue & Enchanter on Torvonnilous between Kunark and PoP.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Cleric for some-odd 8+years. I've played every class but Wizard to or at 65+

I now play a mage to outfit a soon to be named melee for Kunark. I will obviously play my mage through Kunark, but I enjoy melees and Kunark is a melee playground.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:56 AM
Kobold

I played on Lanys as well. I recall the name Pewj. Weren't you in Soul Assassins? Anywho my main was a ranger named Iluivadr Barefoot. Played pre Kunark to PoP.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Cazic Thule 1999-2004
Old 12-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Large Rat

Rodget Nife from Jan 2001, with movelog to Antonius Bayle when it opened. I played until July 2008 and did a short return in Jan. 2009 but got bored after a month.

Dabbled with mainly a bard the first couple of years, but my wrists didn't enjoy song twisting. Main from 2004 was a Mage called Zasbus, same as the one I play here (but only level 9 so far).
Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Aviak

cleric from 99-00 - yarri, the nameless
monk from 00-02 - sajiin, the nameless
Old 12-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Large Bat

Played a necromancer and paladin on Kayne Bayle in 2001. Then came back a few years ago and played a ranger and necro on Bertoxxulous.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Played a Ranger and Shaman on The Rathe, splitting from there to Zebuxoruk when it split. I played from 1999 until after Velious.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I played on Vazaelle from just before Velious was released until the servers were merged and Vazaelle became Maelin Starpyre (right around when DoD was released I think) - at that point my druid main was level 70 and I had raided everything up through Gates of Discord.

After a year plus "retirement," I came back, leveled my druid up to 75, and joined a guild I was familiar with from my early days on Vazaelle. We raided 3 days a week and, though we were behind the top raiding guilds on the server (most notably Triality), we still made pretty good progress. When I finally retired from live in October of 2008, my guild had just finished TSS and was breaking into Solteris in TBS.

My druid was level 80 with around 1000 AA's, Seeds of Destruction was about to be released, and I had definitely had enough of EQ in its current form. My fondest EQ memories occurred in the early days, up through Luclin, and I'm happy to have found a place where I can relive some of them.

My Dark Elf Necromancer in p1999 is named Cormac.
Closed Thread