Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Aviak

Default Bard Armor Question

I have been looking around for new armor for my bard and I see the Crustacean set of armor is pretty nice with the exception of the -dex -charm which would appear to diminish the bards abilities. Has any bards tried this armor set/pieces out and is the effects of -dex/charm that noticeable?
Old 10-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

What level is your bard
Old 10-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Aviak

He just hit level 31, any advice on armor would be good. I just thought the stamina/ac on that armor would help sustain some hits, just in case.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedoo23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He just hit level 31, any advice on armor would be good. I just thought the stamina/ac on that armor would help sustain some hits, just in case.
If you are swarming just banded until you hit about 46 and then full MR set and fire/cold resist set for raids.

If you are grouping you want to balance hp/ac with STA/DEX. Lambent isn't horrible although a few pieces are questionable stat worthiness but mithril legs and arms are really good. I would also get dwarves work boots and lambent gaunts with a skull shaped barbute and platinum fire wedding rings. That's just off the top of my head.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Orc

Swarming, i had a set of crusty laying around and started using it witha kobold jesters crown, it negates the neg char. I will continue to wear it in groups until 50s or thurg armor
Old 10-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Aviak

Cool maybe i'll look at getting some key pieces of the crusty armor that wont kill my songs.

Sorry side question, what do you guys use on your bard for tagging mobs when rounding up a train? I was thinking about investing in some forged javelins, I use shurikens currently but I have to get a little close and they usually get a swipe at me, since sometimes I have to stop completely and throw, other times I can throw and run at the same time... not sure whats going on there.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

I have been using shurikens since lvl 18 and have gotten used to the range/range bug with them. I craft my own javelins for guild events only and often hand them off to monks as well. I have heard bard with fungi like to melee mobs for roundup and some bards use single snare / single dot for roundups or Orb of Tashan. It really depends on what your comfortable with.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Orc

I just click off sellos and hit um with boastful bellows, my bards the same lvl as you, its worked ok so far.
Closed Thread