Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedoo23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As others have hinted at it's probably your latency, I think it's F11 that shows your network stats with the client / server, make sure your ping time is under 100ms. The latency on my side is usually 60-70ms and I have no issues getting the 30 range dot on without getting hit.

Others things to consider:

- Close chrome or any other applications your not using. I found that having Chrome up was killing my video performance in game.
- Lower the opacity on your particle effects.
- Turn off the dot spamming - optional.
Thanks for the tips, I will give these suggestions a try tonight. Maybe something with Chrome running, that's the only suggestion that highlights a potential difference on my system. My ping was 93 last night which is just about average for me and what it was when swarming was working well.

What do you mean by "turn off dot spamming"? - I need the DoT running to do damage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Aviak

I meant the messages, you can filter them out in the Options. Just less spam going to your output text boxes.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedoo23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As others have hinted at it's probably your latency, I think it's F11 that shows your network stats with the client / server, make sure your ping time is under 100ms. The latency on my side is usually 60-70ms and I have no issues getting the 30 range dot on without getting hit.

Others things to consider:

- Close chrome or any other applications your not using. I found that having Chrome up was killing my video performance in game.
- Lower the opacity on your particle effects.
- Turn off the dot spamming - optional.
I've never had latency under 100ms. Usually latency is 140-200, aoe kiting was never a problem until ping went north of 230-250ms.

What I DID see make a huge difference was putting p99 on a SSD, turning spell effects lucency way down, and closing other apps or programs that competed for resources.

The real key to success is getting your camera view set up right. Once I figured my trick out, success was all but guaranteed unless internet connection went out. Everyone's got their own tricks, but I haven't watched someone replicate mine yet in a demo video. I figured it out around level 24 and then only died once more between 24 and 45 In taking risk out of the equation kiting got boring and I stopped around level 45 and never went back.

Play around with different setups and ideas.

Grouping is more fun.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 11-07-2015 at 12:36 PM..
Closed Thread