Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Aviak

Default Technical Question about macro spam

So the issue is I find it highly annoying when using my macros (Mainly Canni), on a shaman that I get the: "You can't use that command while casting..." message.
And was wondering if there was any way to remove this error message, besides moving the "Others" filter into a spam window, which will also put Considering, faction etc in there as well.

So if there is any way to remove this spam I would be most pleased.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Are you using /pause in your macros? It can prevent the spam by delaying the ability after you cast.

/pause #

/pause 10 = 1 second delay
/pause 100 = 10 second delay
Old 01-20-2016, 04:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you using /pause in your macros? It can prevent the spam by delaying the ability after you cast.

/pause #

/pause 10 = 1 second delay
/pause 100 = 10 second delay
The issue is that having 2+ /cast # will give you the error message if the first cast does not fizzle, making the 2nd cast an error since you're already casting it (Hence the message).
Old 01-20-2016, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

What is your macro?

I've used macros like the one below to overcome fizzling heals, and it spams the message, but that is less important than having a missed heal.

I don't think you can separate out the "cannot use that command while casting" since that is activated by trying to cast a spell and is returned instead of the casting message. Without having the options menu in front of me, I think you would need to hide all your casting messages to hide it.

/g Complete Heal
/cast 1
/cast 1
/cast 1
Old 01-20-2016, 05:59 PM
Aviak

Same as yours, just with canni.

And yes that is the whole issue which is why I wanted to know if there was some way to remove it from the game entirely, be it from altering a file or in options somewhere.

Cause the only other solution is filtering "Others" into another window but that puts considering, faction hits, mob speeches and other stuff in there as well which is unwanted.