Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Kobold

Default <Venerate> - Don't Have Time to Play with Myself

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<Venerate> Leadership Unwittingly Asks Smart Ass Member to Make Recruitment Post
By Nitsuu -- NEWS in EverQuest Recruitment -- March 26, 2016 -- VOL 19 ISSUE 99

WEST FREEPORT -- From the announcement of the death of EverQuest Next (Mar. 13, 2016; RIP), it has become imperative to figure out what to do while we wait for the release of Pantheon. Before we get to that, can we take a moment to recognize SOE's foreshadowing that EQNext was never going to be released? If your game is completely built around the idea that it's going to be next, and forever and always known as "Next"; you know, in the future...I'm just sayin', jet fuel can't melt steel beams; Bush, towers, 9/11; 7/11 was a part-time job, and EverQuest Next was never going to be released, but I digest. Back to the subject at hand.

While you aren't busy donating to Brad McQuaid's patreon, hoping for special status for the "next" game, I can only assume that you're reading this because Project1999 is your choice of poison, and you want some friends. Your taste in games is like a fine wine, which makes no sense, but I graduated from a state college; Bill Shakespeare isn't writing this you know. If you were smart enough to pick a game with dated graphics but superior game play, then I'm assuming you know what you want in life; you've got shit figured out. You're down to eat Ribeye instead of Filet Mignon, cause you know the former has a bit more fat, tastes better, and is cheaper in comparison.

Now that you're hungry AND looking for a guild, let me be frank. Venerate does not cater to every type of gameplay; in fact we don't cater at all -- you'll have to find someone else to fix those tuna and cucumber sandwiches with the crust cut off. Some of you nerds maintain some kind of living while waking up, at 3am, by the phone like Hillary Clinton in a 2008 presidential campaign ad. Most of us cannot , cause we're heavy listeners of TLC and live by the words, "Always talkin about what he wants, and just sits on his broke ass," may Left Eye rest in peace; No Scrubs in heaven. That being said, some of us don't mind living paycheck to paycheck, allowing for some great opportunities to group at different times throughout the day.

Now you're telling me, "Nitsuu, I'm not sure Venerate is the right guild for me. I want the full P99 experience, you know?" Before you go chasing waterfalls, let me say I appreciate your carefully crafted question, voice in my head. I can assure you Venerate shows up in RnF threads just like the rest of them; whether it be winning a Tstaff over a monk or accidentally training Velketor onto a competing guild. We also manage to complete epics, and kill stuff like giants and dragons. I have to say, for a guild that found its beginnings on P99 in September 2015, the pace of growth and advancement is a testament to the addiction of this game; oh, and our awesome people of course.

Contact any member today and ask for an Officer. Or don't. I can't be expected to make all of your life decisions for you. Bloomin' Onion out!
Addiction (Officer) EQ Mayong - 2009-2010
Wudan (Member) EQ Rallos Zek - 2003-2004
Elven Crusaders (Officer) EQ Rallos Zek - 2000-2003