Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 07:50 AM
Aviak

Default Heretics faction for Cleric quests in Paineel

For issues relating to survival, I have not bothered to conspire to break in to the city just yet, but I'm wanting to know so that I might go ahead and try it:
Q: Would a Human Cleric of Innoruuk start out as KoS to the Paineel Cleric GM?

My cleric is KoS to the skele guards in Paineel newbie area. Can it be assumed then, that the rest of the city proper would /con the same? If that is the case, Q: what is the path others have taken to raise faction to at least dubious so they can do the repeatable faction quests such as bat fur & beetle legs, or bat wings & snake fangs.?

Not that the faction hit(s) would be a deterrent, but being somewhat of a lowbie, killing Erudin guards isn't quite an option just yet, otherwise I would happily go that route.

Doing some homework, and poking around in Toxx, there is a mob to kill that raises Heretics, at the expense of most all Erud factions, and I have been killing this mob as often as I can, but Q: do other more expedient options exist, as opposed to this painfully slow grind of killing this L6-7'ish mob every 12 minutes.

(((Also, I know once Warrens is 'in' all this will be moot, but even without knowing the timing of that release, it is far enough out to not be a viable option. Thanks to those forum folk being so wise as to suggest this solution.)))

Thanks in advance for any and all insight on the topic. Still learning, and I appreciate your genuine input and thoughtful replies.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Aviak

I should have prefaced the above post by saying it is on the GREEN server. The Warrens comment may have given that away, but just wanting to give the best picture for helpful and appropriate responses.

Thanks again
Old 05-05-2021, 09:08 PM
Aviak

There is a guy named Tol Nicelot in the Erudin library. I killed him a few times. Also, I did the Paineel armor quests at dubious if that's what you're going for.
Hikoki - Wanderer of Kingdom
Old 05-06-2021, 09:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzbot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a guy named Tol Nicelot in the Erudin library. I killed him a few times. Also, I did the Paineel armor quests at dubious if that's what you're going for.
Thanks for that. I recall reading about Tol Nicelot awhile back, but i was thinking he was much higher level than he apparently is... That may be a very viable option.
Regarding the actual quests: I'm trying to get in to do the "Summoning of Fright" quest currently. The vision enhancement will be a welcome improvement for my ill-sighted human.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:43 AM
Sarnak

Hello, I did all 3 paineel quests starting at dubious as a human Innoruuk cleric on Green99. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=376420

Heretics were scowling at me, killed a few Erudin guards (less than 10), got to threateningly, then with DE illusion I got to dubious and did the three hand ins. If you aren't high enough to kill guards, just hit them once, leech off someone else killing them.

Afterwards I reversed the Erudin factions I tanked to scowling back to dubious by doing the wooden shard part of the peacekeeper staff quest in Tox. To get the wooden shards I had to turn in lanterns to a wood elf in freeport. To get the faction to turn in lanterns, I had to turn in muffins to a hungry dwarf down the hall from the wood elf. All the details in the post linked above.

It is awesome having those three items, the innoruuk snare necklace, a DE mask, and a manastone on a cleric... feels like you have powerful relics from the EQ gods supporting your foul deeds.
Closed Thread