Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gotta be honest with you on this one big dog: Is time even real or is there only the perpetuation of the present?
Great question, but sadly it is way above my pay grade to try to answer ;_;
Old 05-17-2021, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

But so far they've only gotten one 1st place finish, right? I have to imagine that that must be super embarrassing for them considering how seriously they take and nolife for this emulator and how much of a monopoly they have on pixels.

Should they or anyone else be embarrassed about barely ever getting first place in a 20-year-old elf sim private emulation server that isn't even designed in the first place for pvp? Of course not. But do they have healthy relationships with this game? Also, I would contend, of course not.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But so far they've only gotten one 1st place finish, right? I have to imagine that that must be super embarrassing for them considering how seriously they take and nolife for this emulator and how much of a monopoly they have on pixels.

Should they or anyone else be embarrassed about barely ever getting first place in a 20-year-old elf sim private emulation server that isn't even designed in the first place for pvp? Of course not. But do they have healthy relationships with this game? Also, I would contend, of course not.

Considering with this much time into kunark both kingdom and ST have toons with near BIS items (which were the only 2 guilds that got any titles). So if this had happened 4 months ago ST likely would of likely done better with the gear advantage. But if you watched it the top 4 pretty much had identical gear.

And no matter how much you want to compare PVE vs PVP as far as "skill" they are completely different in every way and someone that is good at PVE doesnt make them good at PVP. So you could of had a EC geared toon (at least on the rogue side) that was great at PVP and could easily put up a good fight vs BIS kunark rogue that sucks at PVP.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:29 PM
Orc

1/6 In BotB for a guild that "dominantes" a server and has "no competition" is pretty embarrassing no matter how you try spinning it.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baue1446 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont understand this thread

Rogue BoTB - 2nd and 3rd place
Necro BoTB - 1st and 2nd place

I mean each they captured 2/3 of the titles? How does that make them in shambles?
That's the real point of this thread and RnF in general. Losers focus on winners. Winners focus on winning.
and this is where the losers do most of their focusing.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:05 PM
Aviak

itt: efforts of individuals attributed to their guilds as if it has any bearing
Old 05-17-2021, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matticas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the real point of this thread and RnF in general. Losers focus on winners. Winners focus on winning.
and this is where the losers do most of their focusing.
words of a winner!
Old 05-17-2021, 02:23 PM
Banned

Guess someone wasnt GM sanctioned to use throwing boulders against someone who wasn't allowed to this time. Maybe the necros didn't make based comments about the raid scene and disagree with clueless, angry baby sitters. Maybe.

Big ass womper for the disillusioned morans either way.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
words of a winner!
Ha, nah man I'm just a busy dad enjoying the game where I can. I saw you snagged a druid sky mask, grats on that! I'm still trying to get lucky with that one. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2021, 04:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess someone wasnt GM sanctioned to use throwing boulders against someone who wasn't allowed to this time. Maybe the necros didn't make based comments about the raid scene and disagree with clueless, angry baby sitters. Maybe.

Big ass womper for the disillusioned morans either way.
I wish I knew what any of this was referencing.
Closed Thread