Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 07:56 PM
Banned

It's best to not reply to anyone or socialize ever and just use pseudonyms to talk to yourself.
Old 10-07-2021, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Nark

Sounds like you'd do well in Seattle. We have similar things going on. Our tenants union is an angry mob of landlord hating scum.
Old 10-07-2021, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

An interesting aspect to life people dont tell you about.

If you are a total loser, when another total loser asks you to join their totally batshit insane idea you have nothing to lose so you say ok and often those pay out big and now you're a real winner (because in dystopia the only way to win is to get lots of money quickly)

But if you went to college and have a shitty job you hate, you're not going to take that risk.

So the best advice I can give you is, squat in someone's home like OP here mentioned in that 2nd case and then wait for a drug addict friend of yours to ask if you want to help him open a pot dispensary.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:14 PM
Banned

Man, I dunno how these landlords just put up with that shit

I wouldn’t do anything violent to that tenant, but I definitely would try to get creative about how to make his life in my home a living hell if he tried to pull that with me…
Old 10-07-2021, 02:51 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our tenants union is an angry mob of landlord hating scum.
There's an organization in my province who coordinate hearing-raids. since all tribunal matters are public, anyone with the zoom link can join. I've had a couple (ill tell one in the next story) of my hearings bombarded by discord trolls cause the adjudicators are old and useless with moderating 'new fancy software'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An interesting aspect to life people dont tell you about.

So the best advice I can give you is, squat in someone's home like OP here mentioned in that 2nd case
Landlords here have it real bad. If they're your tenants and they stop paying rent, then you change the locks on them, guess who gets charged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, I dunno how these landlords just put up with that shit

I wouldn’t do anything violent to that tenant, but I definitely would try to get creative about how to make his life in my home a living hell if he tried to pull that with me…
quick story: Landlord calls, old-school dude, must be in his 70s or 80s. He had a tenant who he hated and who hated him. Tenant would pour cement down the drain and stopped paying rent until the landlord fixed it. LL's pissed cause its on the same septic as his own home, wants to know what he can do. I explained that its the landlord's responsibility to unclog the drain (must keep the property in a state of habitability - plumbing is mandatory) and then chase the tenant for the cost. Then LL can file for eviction but expect a few months' delay cause of the pandemic. LL said "fuck that, I know a guy who will just break his arms" and hung up.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nark_Sinseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quick story: Landlord calls, old-school dude, must be in his 70s or 80s. He had a tenant who he hated and who hated him. Tenant would pour cement down the drain and stopped paying rent until the landlord fixed it. LL's pissed cause its on the same septic as his own home, wants to know what he can do. I explained that its the landlord's responsibility to unclog the drain (must keep the property in a state of habitability - plumbing is mandatory) and then chase the tenant for the cost. Then LL can file for eviction but expect a few months' delay cause of the pandemic. LL said "fuck that, I know a guy who will just break his arms" and hung up.
Lol wonder what happened

Ya the downside is anything you would be doing to try to mess up your evil tenant’s day, would be things you’d be doing to your own property and be responsible for fixing as a landlord

Hmmm I know you are required to give advanced notice as a landlord before being allowed to enter their residence. But I’d be doing that juuust as often as legally allowed up to every other day or something. Maybe I could occasionally show up and flip all the circuits on the breaker to off, then padlock the thing shut with a heavy duty lock. That’d mean no AC, all the stuff in the fridge going to go bad, etc. Then play dumb and take my sweet time getting over to investigate it. Would have to be creative on how to cause problems without causing direct damage
Old 10-07-2021, 06:49 PM
Banned

this just in; landlords are parasitic scum. They can fuck themselves.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:00 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting take. Would you rather individuals relinquish their right to privately owned real property, have the government hold title to all land/homes and regulate housing instead?

If not, how do you suggest an individual or family secure living accommodations when they don't have the up-front capital to buy/mortgage/build a home?
Old 10-08-2021, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

Ironic because most landlords don't want to rent to families in Canada, noise from kids and such. And yea discrimination happens all the time one way or the other about this, but you'd be dumb to put it in writing...
Old 10-08-2021, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey folks i found a guy who can't keep up his end of lease agreements
Closed Thread