Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Default Magician is just not fun in P99

I played a magician in live, up until Luclan, when I finally left the game and I don't remember it being this miserable to play. Sure there was chain summoning, but the agro thing is just absurd. It was absolutely not like this. I feel like a core group of people get to say "this is what it was like" and even though the majority don't remember it being like that, if you have the ear of the emperor that's how it's going to be. Even if, and I say that with a grain of salt, even if it was like this, if everyone on green says they hate it, why keep it? Is it really that important to maintain the integrity of the actual P99 experience, if everyone that's experiencing it is miserable?

I've put my magician away now and I probably wont return unless it's fixed. It just isn't fun to play anymore and I don't see the point of playing if the only way I can efficiently solo is with an earth pet alone. Anyways that's my two cents. I'm sure this has been beaten into the ground, but I just returned and found out about these changes the hard way (mobs killing me because my pet dies and the second pet can't grab agro). Any thoughts?
Old 12-05-2021, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any thoughts?
Find evidence, Nilbog will fix it. Otherwise you're stuck waiting at the mercy of people who do classic research.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've put my magician away now and I probably wont return unless it's fixed. It just isn't fun to play anymore and I don't see the point of playing if the only way I can efficiently solo is with an earth pet alone. Anyways that's my two cents. I'm sure this has been beaten into the ground, but I just returned and found out about these changes the hard way (mobs killing me because my pet dies and the second pet can't grab agro). Any thoughts?
Bro I've felt this way about magicians since 1999. They suck.

Welcome to the promised land of steel and blood. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2021, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I played a magician in live, up until Luclan, when I finally left the game and I don't remember it being this miserable to play. Sure there was chain summoning, but the agro thing is just absurd. It was absolutely not like this. I feel like a core group of people get to say "this is what it was like" and even though the majority don't remember it being like that, if you have the ear of the emperor that's how it's going to be. Even if, and I say that with a grain of salt, even if it was like this, if everyone on green says they hate it, why keep it? Is it really that important to maintain the integrity of the actual P99 experience, if everyone that's experiencing it is miserable?

Mage still pretty fun, chaining pets on overly tough mobs isn't the only way to level. It's still trivial using earth pets anyway,just less so indoors.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find evidence, Nilbog will fix it. Otherwise you're stuck waiting at the mercy of people who do classic research.
Aggro transferring from pet to mage when the pet dies was an undocumented change that nobody has acknowledged. Has nothing to do with "classic research"
Old 12-06-2021, 01:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aggro transferring from pet to mage when the pet dies was an undocumented change that nobody has acknowledged. Has nothing to do with "classic research"
This. There is no evidence that it was like this and if you talk to people from back in the day no one remembers agro being like this. This was something someone who gave themselves the title "researcher" decided. It's absurd that they're keeping this in the game when LITERALLY no one but these researchers seems to remember it being like this. If you want the game to be your own private idaho, that's fine, but don't call it Classic when it's not, or at the very least provide indisputable evidence that it was like that.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

mages are purely for leveling to 55 and parking in some remote location for raid coths

play any other class
Old 12-06-2021, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

dont solo a mmo. next!
Old 12-06-2021, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont solo a mmo. next!
^this!

Also wonder if they could buff group xp modifier to incentivize grouping. It’s a little broken that solo xp is the best xp. That was not “classic” in the sense that no one was able to min/max xp like that before we had the knowledge we do today.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
This. There is no evidence that it was like this and if you talk to people from back in the day no one remembers agro being like this. This was something someone who gave themselves the title "researcher" decided. It's absurd that they're keeping this in the game when LITERALLY no one but these researchers seems to remember it being like this. If you want the game to be your own private idaho, that's fine, but don't call it Classic when it's not, or at the very least provide indisputable evidence that it was like that.
And yet both of you are too lazy to provide a shred of evidence. Meanwhile those "people who [didn't] give themselves the title "researcher"' (because, they're not doing anything for a title, they're just volunteering their time to make things more classic) are doing the actual work of trying to find proof of how mage pet agro actually worked.

But since we're all too lazy to help, we just have to wait for the people that aren't.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread