Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 12:47 AM
Kobold

Default 35 Shaman vs Spectres?

What level can a shaman start doing spectres? There are some guides that say 35 but that sounds sketchy. And the wiki says OOT specs are the lowest. Has this been your experience?

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2021, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Spectres do have lowish HP, and I don't remember them being super magic resistant, so your slows should go off without a hitch. I would just try it and see what happens. I usually didn't camp spectres simply because they are usually mega camped.

You will certainly be fine if you are twinked well like Fungi Staff + Fungi Tunic. And at 35 you have your pet, which helps quite a bit.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

ya pretty sure if op had a fungi staff or tunic he wouldnt be asking this question
Old 12-07-2021, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya pretty sure if op had a fungi staff or tunic he wouldnt be asking this question
It honestly does happen. Being well off doesn't necessarily equate to having all inclusive game knowledge. A player who leveled up Enchanter to farm plat/items may not know the leveling path of a Shaman due to only playing an Enchanter. Getting 70k for a Fungi Tunic + Staff is not that difficult. I did it through farming guards lol.

I rarely farm Spectres to be honest, so this question would be of interest to myself as well. From the few times I have killed them, and from what I have heard, I don't remember them being particularly difficult for casters. I simply killed Misty Thicket Guards from 25 to 40 or so instead because they were better xp/money than Spectres (and Spectres are usually camped). But now with Misty Thicket Guards being nerfed, the farming/leveling strategy for Shamans changes a bit.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-07-2021 at 01:58 PM..
Old 12-07-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

At least in Oasis I would not try to do Spectres until 40 and the tough ones will give you problems even then
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-08-2021, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting 70k for a Fungi Tunic + Staff is not that difficult. I did it through farming guards lol.
The lowest I’ve ever seen the tunic go for on green was 70k (normally 80-85k), but this was months ago. Recently in the past few weeks they seem very hard to find to the point where buyers are offering 1k finders fees to anyone who knows of a seller. So I expect the price to rise to close to 90-100k on green shortly if sellers want to take advantage of shortage

Staff I have no idea on price I only seen 1 sold on green ever
Old 12-08-2021, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lowest I’ve ever seen the tunic go for on green was 70k (normally 80-85k), but this was months ago. Recently in the past few weeks they seem very hard to find to the point where buyers are offering 1k finders fees to anyone who knows of a seller. So I expect the price to rise to close to 90-100k on green shortly if sellers want to take advantage of shortage

Staff I have no idea on price I only seen 1 sold on green ever
Ah I was talking about blue prices. I don't doubt Fungi's are more expensive on Green. They were around 100k for a long time on Blue. Staff is 10kish on Blue, so maybe its closer to 20k on Green. Honestly not sure either since I don't know Green's market very well.
Old 12-08-2021, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah I was talking about blue prices. I don't doubt Fungi's are more expensive on Green. They were around 100k for a long time on Blue.
Ya me personally I would wait for green chars to get dumped into blue and try to get a fungi then if you were on green, but if someone doesn’t want to wait and has the coin more power to em
Old 12-11-2021, 05:29 AM
Sarnak

OP, on green with classic gear I remember actually having a bit of difficulty with single spectres in Feerrott at 38/39. But by 41/42 I was doing Qcat spectres in pairs at a time.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:47 AM
Sarnak

Kill guards at the bridge or tower in NK until 40 then do Specs
Closed Thread