Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ionat solo kill example for Shamans interested in killing 6+ Dragons

Here is a video of me killing Ionat solo, for Shamans interested in soloing 6+ Dragons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxeOVuX0G8

This video's strategy would apply to killing Ayillish as well, but she was not up at the time. Please note that this was only doable because Entariz was dead or pulled away at the time (not sure which). Normally Entariz will always social agro with Ionat (unless you got help from someone like a Druid). You probably could find a way to get one of the two solo if both are up, maybe rooting/snaring and either camping the agro or attempting to leash the Dragon you do not want. This would be a very high risk strategy solo, due to things like adds and resists to root/snare, but I think it is possible.

Therefore, this specific video shows more of an "attack of opportunity" against Ionat if you happen to see him up alone. You could try Entariz in the same way if Ionat is down, but I haven't attempted that yet. I am afraid of Sont agro, so it would probably only be doable when Sont is dead or pulled away. Entariz should be soloable just like Ionat, since Entariz does not CH or gate.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:28 AM
Sarnak

Interesting video! I always hate those pulls, as they feel really crapshoot-y as to getting an add, then you have to root/camp and its a huge pain.

Question on cheesing the AoE, how does that work? Mob's feet have to be underwater but you stay above it and you'll always get your casts off but the AoE never hits you? Does it hit your pet?
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question on cheesing the AoE, how does that work? Mob's feet have to be underwater but you stay above it and you'll always get your casts off but the AoE never hits you?
Pretty much, yes, the feet and part of the body to a certain depth. I personally regard this tactic as an exploit and do not utilize it, but it's been on P99 since Velious opened and in spite of being reported it's been neither commented on nor fixed. As such it must be treated as having defacto staff approval despite my personal distaste for it. If not for the availability of this you would not see someone solo'ing Ionat so easily because it has a lengthy area effect silence ability.

For Shamwowi: You don't need to worry overmuch about Sontalak aggro at the present time. It's more a nuisance than a real problem now. In my recent trials with him, I noticed he also runs fairly slow now (unlike previously) so it's trivial to aggro him then outrun him into memblur range, from where he'll sit and not reset. Entariz is the more problematic one now since he very much does reset.

Danth
Old 12-23-2021, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting video! I always hate those pulls, as they feel really crapshoot-y as to getting an add, then you have to root/camp and its a huge pain.

Question on cheesing the AoE, how does that work? Mob's feet have to be underwater but you stay above it and you'll always get your casts off but the AoE never hits you? Does it hit your pet?
This kind of pulling can be consistent. The trick is you need to watch the pathing mobs in the area you are going to pull through. I didn't show it in this video, but normally I wait until there is a large break in the pathers. It is pretty easy to see which direction most mobs in the area are going, and at least from my experience WW mobs don't normally switch directions on a whim. I believe most mobs in WW have a really long, circular path, which is why you get large openings to pull through.

For the AoE, you need to get the dragon at a certain depth for the game to consider it underwater, and thus the AoE does not hit anything above water. But you need to be careful because if the dragon is too submerged, you will not be able to cast spells on it due to line of site. That is another reason why I only fight in certain spots, because the depth of the water allows you to do that. Some places are too deep, and thus you cannot land spells. From my experience the AoE doesn't hit your pet, I assume this is because the pet is always at the very top of the water, so it may still consider that out of the water, since it is at the very top or slightly above the underwater volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For Shamwowi: You don't need to worry overmuch about Sontalak aggro at the present time. It's more a nuisance than a real problem now. In my recent trials with him, I noticed he also runs fairly slow now (unlike previously) so it's trivial to aggro him then outrun him into memblur range, from where he'll sit and not reset. Entariz is the more problematic one now since he very much does reset.
Did they change something recently? Every time I have gotten Sont agro I cannot escape, I get killed very quickly, even with SoW.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Apparently they did. See the responses to my thread asking about that very issue in the Blue forum. Surprised me as well. All I can say is that messing with him, this past week, on both the wife's shaman and my shadow knight, he's acting 'funny' now compared to days past. I agree that aggroing him used to be Bad News. I assume he'll be fixed sooner or later if he hasn't been already so I'm going to treat it like a temporary situation.
Closed Thread