Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-16-2022, 03:47 PM
Banned

Wink

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What if the core cools faster than the crust can shrink or settle. What if a plate or the crust crumbles and collapses into a void hundreds of miles deep or more. What if water pours into one of those voids.

I can think of many good world ending scenarios there lol.

What if it's not just a void that develops just the mantle loses pressure and becomes so mushy the crust slips dramatically or deforms radically. Atlantia end game scenario imo. What if a period of increased volcanism is all that's needed to weaken or soften or drain the mantle. What if gravitational stress on the planet and our system... from an invisible supermassive black hole. Or dark matter. What if that's happened and why everyone is so interested on gravity waves... what if something invisible is ripping through the universe straight for us. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by starkind; 01-16-2022 at 03:51 PM..
Old 01-16-2022, 04:32 PM
Banned

The Core was a great movie, and didn't that 2012 (2008) movie have something to do with the core cooling off and failing to generate the magnetic field protecting us from the worst of solar & cosmic radiation?

Might be getting my disaster movies mixed up
Old 01-16-2022, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Core was a great movie, and didn't that 2012 (2008) movie have something to do with the core cooling off and failing to generate the magnetic field protecting us from the worst of solar & cosmic radiation?

Might be getting my disaster movies mixed up
Ya i liked both. I think the more modern one was cooler maybe. It was more techy.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What if the core cools faster than the crust can shrink or settle. What if a plate or the crust crumbles and collapses into a void hundreds of miles deep or more. What if water pours into one of those voids.

I can think of many good world ending scenarios there lol.

What if it's not just a void that develops just the mantle loses pressure and becomes so mushy the crust slips dramatically or deforms radically. Atlantia end game scenario imo. What if a period of increased volcanism is all that's needed to weaken or soften or drain the mantle. What if gravitational stress on the planet and our system... from an invisible supermassive black hole. Or dark matter. What if that's happened and why everyone is so interested on gravity waves... what if something invisible is ripping through the universe straight for us. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope I am alive when we are 100% certain that we're having a magnetic pole reversal and the impact humans have on the environment is just the quality of the air and not causing global warming.

It really almost feels like science wont ever even want to admit that. Like they put too much into marketing Global Warming as science based because living neanderthal-half ape mamals who cant even run their own countries just agreed the theory was real.
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-16-2022 at 06:52 PM..
Old 01-16-2022, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rmsh1fter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly why I’m pro eugenics ^
This shit didn’t happen when bears ate people or you starved to death during winter
we'd be trying not to get eaten by bears still enjoying life if we didn't start the process of eugenics by creating economies and science.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we'd be trying not to get eaten by bears still enjoying life if we didn't start the process of eugenics by creating economies and science.
Modern science and fiat currency based economies*
Old 01-16-2022, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rmsh1fter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Modern science and fiat currency based economies*
crypto will save us from the ravages of the basilisk lmao
Old 01-16-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

This is about as intellectual as you can get.

But the moment you say an alien dropped a coke bottle on earth, you're a crackpot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember when starkind posted this.

In 2013.

(Lel.)
this rules hah what is this Hindu apocrypha? I love how they all are the same [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-16-2022 at 07:11 PM..
Old 01-16-2022, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I think we'd all get steamed to death if that happened suddenly. Not great, not terrible.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

If this was just a little bit bigger, yall would be like, holy s jibartik really is predicting the future ITT

The year of earth aint over yet...