Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-26-2015, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

Default Felwithe Guards

The guards in Felwithe are not dispelling buffs in the proper order. Its random what buff is being removed from the effect of the dispell. I've cleared buffs and reset multiple times and each time, its a different buff rather than the first buff casted. Please fix.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbintha Hood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guards in Felwithe are not dispelling buffs in the proper order. Its random what buff is being removed from the effect of the dispell. I've cleared buffs and reset multiple times and each time, its a different buff rather than the first buff casted. Please fix.
That isn't how dispel works now.
Last edited by Ele; 09-26-2015 at 08:40 AM..
Old 09-26-2015, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That isn't how dispel works now.
Can you elaborate on how it works now, please? Was there a recent change? Reason I ask is because when I was doing Halls of Testing a couple of weeks ago in Temple of Veeshan, dispell was behaving the way I describing.
Last edited by Robbintha Hood; 09-26-2015 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Submitted without finishing entire post
Old 09-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

2014 change

Not all dispel effects are 1 to 1 cast to buff strip. Stronger dispel effects will have this correlation because they remove more than the maximum number of counters at a time. Meaning the first buff in the list will be stripped. The lower level (fewer counters removed) dispels will remove X number of counters on each buff through the entire the buff list in sequence until one of the buffs is removed or the list is exhausted.

Daldaen's explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dispels are random. They have a dice roll of 0-4 or 0-8. Whatever the roll is, the spell dispel will work top down removing that number of "counters" from your buffs. 1 being minimum and 8 being maximum. The dispel will do this for each buff 1-15 UNTIL it removes enough counters to strip the buff entirely. So for example if it skips your top slot and instead removes your 2nd slot buff, it actually removed some hidden counters from your #1 buff.

The best way to counter this is:

1. Make sure the debuff is in top slot (which it sounds like you're already doing)
2. Get in the habit of making sure your buffs 2-4 are junk buffs, so that if they do happen to get removed you can replace them.

On a Necro... Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring works well. The Lich line of spells works well here. They're fast cast and only 5 mana. Bracer of the Hidden and Ring 8/9 are also fantastic but those are more expensive/tedious clickies.

Generally when I'm shadow bond healing I'll have my buffs like this:

1. Empty
2. Goblin Earring
3. Lich
4. DMF
5. Shielding
6. Manaskin

Then if I lose 2 or 3 it's not a big deal about losing them, just cast cancel magic again.
Dev explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of basics are this. Not totally, but this is general idea.

Say buff 1 has 3 effects, we assign it 3 counters with a strength of 3.
Buff 2 has 4 effects, 4 counters, strenth 4
Buff 3 has 1 effect, 1 strength.

If u have those 3 buffs in order, and cast cancel magic.

It checks buff 1, do say a rand 100, it has 3 str, so if ran less than 33, kills buff and done

If it fails its check counter -1. If counter at 0, dump buff, done.

If no buff dumped, move to buff 2. If ran 100 < 100/4, dump buff, else counter--

If no buff dumped, go to buff 3. It has 1 counter, so if we passed all the other checks to get her, we kill the buff. It looks like cancel magic takes out buff 3. Wow, looks random. But its not.

Thats basic idea. A buff can have up to 8 counters. So you could take 8 cancel magics to dump.

If you have a dispell(9). It does 9 iterations on each buff. But stops after kills a buff, for that slot of dispell(9).

2 dispell 9 buffs always take top 2 slots, unless its a buff that cant be dispelled. Think rez effects.

You could have a cancel magic cast once lower all counters of all buffs by 1, but if all passed their check, and none hit zero counters, none disappear.

And it can make it look like buffs get removed at random.

Thats the basics.

H
Last edited by Ele; 09-26-2015 at 09:09 PM..
Old 09-26-2015, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

So frustrating. Because I have put DMF in the one of the first 4 slots, and it is dispelling that buff 90% percent of the time it feels like.