Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Aviak

Default Bard: Song Twisting?

For maximizing group melee DPS, what songs do other bards put on rotation? I have been twisting Verses of Victory and McVaxius' Berserker Crescendo (singing) and I usually throw my single DOT on the NPC, I usually weave in the mana song as well if needed. Currently I am at level 52.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:42 PM
Large Bat

Depends on what is "melee DPS" really I think.

If it's just the tank and some other dude with a sword, I'd go:
- Verse, Cantata (lute), Fufil's Curtailing Chant (drum), double alternating Tuyen's Chant (drum).
If your casters are using something else than MR nukes, then prio the appropriate Tuyen for the debuff to resists
That should put out 22-25 dps at your level I think if you don't get resists that is. Otherwise just don't bother and go the routine.

If you got nothing but melee dudes and a heal, or couple massive melee twinks, then go whatever provides the most ATK/STR/Haste combo you can offer (and are willing to, depending on instrument swap).

If you got no slower in group and tank isn't an insta aggro knights/ranger, put up a psalm for DS as well, at least until tank secures aggro proper, then you can slow if group needs.

If you ever group with a knight class though, ALWAYS keep mana up so they can abuse it.
Last edited by mutonizer; 10-21-2015 at 03:46 PM..
Old 10-24-2015, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

It depends on what your group has.

If you're the only person who can haste, use your strongest and prioritize keeping it up above all else. If your group has a dedicated haster, stack songs that add attack.

Remember one thing though, you are a bard and even with a good set of gear and strong instruments you will not add much relative dps. I'd bail on using any songs which give you dps (your dots or self haste) and focus all your efforts in improving the perform and of others.

At your level I would prioritize hymn of restoration (stacks with nivs click on BOH - replace this song with cantana) and mana pulse. A lot of bards don't appreciate this but your healing potential starting at level 6 with a lute spread across a whole group is unmatched. You can't blast heal of course, but you keep even that to a minimum. Keeping regen up at all times everyone isn't at 100% will help your healer and your group a lot more than a dot or 2. I've had groups where I was the only one doing the healing - bored clerics get to nuke.

At your level my song line up was
1 haste
2 melee stats (flex)
3 regen
4 mana pulse
5 snare/slow
6 flex slot - (nivs with lute, selos, resists, etc)
7 always charm
8 always mez
(9 - nivs BOH click)

General twist was 1 (9) 2 3 4 while fighting
Down time 3 4 4 4 3 4 4 4 with lute

Nivs is modified by strings so there is a benefit in having the actual song up for down time with lute depending on how much regen the group can benefit from. Occasionally on down time it would be

3 6 4 4 3 6 4 4

Every hit point you heal via regen is one less hp the group needs to heal.

In the upper 50s a bard can give nearly 50 hp/tick to everyone - 200-300 healing per tick in a full group where everyone is not 100%.

Take home point: you're a Bard who will always have bad dps. Focus your efforts on making everyone else better and making their jobs easier. Your groups will profit and will remember that having you around made their lives easier and their xp roll in faster.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 10-24-2015 at 04:24 AM..
Closed Thread