Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 06:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Lightbulb Proposal for future content

P1999 is approaching the end of it’s progression timeline. Here is my proposal for the future new content.

WARNING : This proposal is not for the High-End game. The main objective is to improve the Old World.

This is an analysis of the state of Norrath after the Chardok Revamp that will occur eventually.

VELIOUS
Velious is well designed for the High-End game. Nothing to change here. Problems encountered are due to the players, not the content. NEXT.

KUNARK
Kunark is a very balanced continent that feels very complete. Lack of transportation options make it the ``Lost World`` it’s supposed to be, so I would personally not change it much except maybe making the Evacs to SF and EJ regular ports.
The zone designs feels very polished and well made. In general, dungeons have a purpose and vary in level, risk and reward. Kunark lacks a trading hub, but this is not a big deal and player services are available in Overthere, Firiona vie and KC.

Proposal : Release a custom Veksar. There is a zoneline there, it makes sense to have a zone where it was obviously intended.

FAYDWER
Faydwer is by far the best designed continent in the old world. It’s got 4 starting cities, excellent newbie zones, and great dungeons up to level 40. Transportation is easy, people actually use the boats, and the player population is varied and balanced. The only improvement I can think of is the addition of a new 40+ dungeon, as kedge is very unpopular, yet I feel it should remain the way it is.

Proposal : Release a custom 40+ dungeon in Steamfont Mountains, accessible through the minotaur caves or the giant dragon skeleton.

ODUS
There would need too many improvements to Odus to make it right, even with the release of the Warrens and Stonebrunt mountains. Odus could be fixed, but the classic feel would be lost.

Proposal : Improve the Qeynos area. This is the best way to improve life on Odus without changing too much content.

EAST ANTONICA
By far the most popular area in the game. The Tunnel is the trading hub for all of Norrath, because of it’s proximity to Freeport, Neriak,, the druid rings in WC, the Wiz Spires in Neriak/Nro and the docks to Faydwer/Kunark/Velious. The dungeons in this area are popular and varied, with balanced content aimed for players up to level 60. Lavastorm and it’s trio of dungeons is fantastic. Eastern Antonica is full of life and I can only think of one major improvement that could be made.

Proposal : Revamp Befallen. Make a new custom zone, lower the difficulty and the ZEM. This area deserves a good newbie zone, and this is it.

WESTERN ANTONICA
The black sheep of classic EQ. The population is very low, especially near the Qeynos area. This area needs major, MAJOR improvements.
The Good :
1. Blackburrow is a fantastic newbie dungeon. Nothing needs to be improved here.
2. South Karana is a good zone with a solid population.
3. Qeynos Hill and Everfrost are very decent newbie zones.

The Bad :
1. Transportation is atrocious. The closest port is North Karana. Walking from NK to Qeynos is already a pain, while the ride from Halas to NK is ridiculous.
2. West Karana is quite possibly the worse outdoor zone in the game.
3. Other than Blackburrow, the dungeons in this area are Qeynos Catacombs, Permafrost and Splitpaw. Ouch…

Proposal :
- Druid port to Surefal Glade.
- Wizard port and spires in the South-West part of Everfrost, near the Blackburrow zone.
- Revamp Splitpaw.
- Revamp Qeynos Catacombs, make it the dungeon level 5-15 erudites want to fight in.
- Add at least one new custom 35+ dungeon in Everfrost. This area should be the Lavastorm of the west.

You find that my proposal is not ``classic``? You are right!!

But…Starting a newbie in Qeynos and being alone everywhere you go for 10 levels doesn’t feel classic to me. Qeynos on live wasn’t a ghost town. This is Project 1999 and I think the state of the server shows that it’s more important to ``feel classic`` than to be 100% Classic ( which is not the case anyway )

Discuss !
Old 12-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

nah
Old 12-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

definitely

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Kobold

Any changes from classic should be done on red.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Luclin and PoP please.

If no... Shawl 8, Iksar class epics (all those introduced after Greenmist), PoM in EW, Vulak ring event, and any other Velious upgrades made after timeline.

Custom zones, meh I'd prefer not. Just quality EQ content released at a later date.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin and PoP please.

If no... Shawl 8, Iksar class epics (all those introduced after Greenmist), PoM in EW, Vulak ring event, and any other Velious upgrades made after timeline.

Custom zones, meh I'd prefer not. Just quality EQ content released at a later date.
Not that I disagree with this proposal, but this would not help revitalize the old world in any way.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Banned

random dragon spawn events. nagafen gets his jimmies rustled and swoops from lavastorm to EC, blasting helpless noobs and tunnel fatcats
Old 12-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

turn on pvp and permadeath one day without saying anything, let nature decide.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Possibly consider Luclin?
Old 12-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

OP, while your energy is positive, you should know that the Devs on this server have exactly one goal; to recreate EQ+Kunark+Velious as it was. They've already expressed little interest in custom content, making a passing comment that if they did custom content it'd be a new server. But, as with Green99, that hope is so old it's starting to see the grim reaper.
Closed Thread