Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 09:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default Explain To Me What Just Happened Here?

This doesn't seem right to me so I figure I would throw this out there...

I was watching my brother play and he was using his level 10 Iksar Monk in Cabilis. He was fighting a large Scorpion and had the Scorpion down to 10% health. Suddenly, the Scorpion starts attacking with multiple hits in a row and the attacks turned off his attack.

I don't have the actual logs but he read me the screen and it went something such as:

You miss.
Scorpion hits you for 26 points of damage.
Scorpion stuns you.
Auto-Attack off.
Scorpion hits you for 34 points of damage.
Scorpion hits you for 25 points of damage.
Scorpion hits you for 18 points of damage.
Scorpion hits you for 15 points of damage.
You Die.

I know a large Scorpion is classified as a Warrior and get that berserk attack when they are low on HP but for the Monks attack to turn off when stunned and then to get destroyed by four shots in a row? I know the character is only level 10 but it's more like a WTF just happened moment that I'm talking about...
Old 08-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Class benefits don't necessarily apply to mobs. They (thankfully) don't go berserker at low HP. There's other things they might do at the high end, but that's not gonna be relevant for you till way later.

What happened there is a mob proced a stun on your brother. He couldn't attack back because of it, got confused, and turned his auto attack off. Then the scorpion ate his face. Hope this helps!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened there is a mob proced a stun on your brother. He couldn't attack back because of it, got confused, and turned his auto attack off. Then the scorpion ate his face. Hope this helps!
My brother has been playing long enough and has enough characters to know not to turn auto-attack off when he gets stunned.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:31 PM
Sarnak

Well the mob didn't turn it off for him, so his finger must have slipped or he got confused as Cecily said.

What you are claiming (that the scorpion stun or something the scorpion did turned it off) is impossible.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the mob didn't turn it off for him, so his finger must have slipped or he got confused as Cecily said.

What you are claiming (that the scorpion stun or something the scorpion did turned it off) is impossible.
Truth, sorry to say.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Bumping his duck hotkey by mistake would also have turned off auto-attack (and prevented it from being turned back on). As the others said, getting stunned does not turn off auto-attack. I believe being in duck mode also counts as sitting (which causes a mob to auto-hit), though I could be mistaken there. But if that's the case, it could also explain why he got facemelted at the end.

Mob's melee push also could have driven him into a terrain obstacle that forced him to auto-duck.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Last edited by Shodo; 08-30-2016 at 12:05 AM..
Old 08-30-2016, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bumping his duck hotkey by mistake would also have turned off auto-attack (and prevented it from being turned back on). As the others said, getting stunned does not turn off auto-attack. I believe being in duck mode also counts as sitting (which causes a mob to auto-hit), though I could be mistaken there. But if that's the case, it could also explain why he got facemelted at the end.

Mob's melee push also could have driven him into a terrain obstacle that forced him to auto-duck.
Can almost guarantee this is what happened, especially if he plays in first person mode it would be hard to notice that your character was ducking. The default key to duck is X which is pretty easy to accidentally hit with your hand in the WASD position.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

Did the creature push his character into a spot that made him duck ? Creatures can push players like we can to them
Old 08-30-2016, 07:42 AM
Kobold

Lag spike?
Old 08-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did the creature push his character into a spot that made him duck ? Creatures can push players like we can to them
most likely explanation right here