Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Some nerds love the racing. Other nerds don't want to race and just want to kill dragons.

To each their own.

But every nerd on the planet thinks huge variance is dumb. 1 hour variance would be more than enough to do the job it needs to do.

But they're never going to reduce it because ??? I've not heard a good logical argument for keeping 16 hour variance.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

I'm actually in favor of huge variance, we don't have huge variance atm.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The big problem is variance and racing, which makes everyone zerg because they don't want to ever wipe. The small problem is not fixing tl box/coh pulling. Brad McQuaid would have a heart attack if he saw how p99 is gm'd.
fixed it
Old 08-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

VP was much harder than NToV relative to the time it was released. Sony or whoever it was then said they would never again release such difficult content. Obviously over the years we created a bunch of tactics to somewhat gimp it, but as it was intended it was crazy stuff. Those splitting wurms that AoE for 500 are horrendous. Only being able to zone out on a pad that is under a dragon, bleckkk.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 08-30-2016, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But every nerd on the planet thinks huge variance is dumb. 1 hour variance would be more than enough to do the job it needs to do.

But they're never going to reduce it because ??? I've not heard a good logical argument for keeping 16 hour variance.
My hypothesis is that our dear overlord is trolling the raiders who insist on making much of the raid game here such a toxic swamp.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the mobs are much more difficult but the tactics are much easier due to walls / slows

maybe Hoshkar could give some NTOV dragons a run for their money but VP dragons die within 30 sec of engaging them while some ToV encounters take 3-4 min
3-4 minutes? I remember the first time my guild killed vulak back on live pre luclin it was like a 20 minute fight.

Makes me sad to see how trivialized this game has become.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:50 AM
Sarnak

server wipe
Old 08-30-2016, 07:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3-4 minutes? I remember the first time my guild killed vulak back on live pre luclin it was like a 20 minute fight.

A lot more rogues and dragon bane wizards these days. Vulak is trivial once slowed anyways.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:

Theres a video on youtube of rampage doing vulak with low numbers and it took over 30 min. Raids just generally have zerg forces now
Old 08-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VP was much harder than NToV relative to the time it was released. Sony or whoever it was then said they would never again release such difficult content.
And then they made Tacvi, which was tuned for a level cap of 70 and not 65 (despite being released with a cap of 65). Tunat was a nightmare
Closed Thread