Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 01:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bunch of good things.
Loramin's advice here is pretty on-point. Consider time as a resource, because it literally is your most valuable one. Time spent leveling will increase your character's power far more than time spent camping something for an extra 3 WIS. This is why I didn't stop to pick up any real gear upgrades on shammy until 35, and even then doing so was pretty inefficient.

Example: I spent 2 days off and on camping a https://wiki.project1999.com/Mammoth_Hide_Cloak in Permafrost. Huge improvement vs my Banded Cloak, sure. However, in that time I could have gotten another level or two, and level-37-Lobnor is stronger than level-35-Lobnor-with-Cloak.

Goblin Ring, Lumi Staff, and similar items for other classes are worth the diversion because of the time they save you by allowing you to level exponentially faster than without.

If you're getting plat while leveling at Gargs/Mammoth, then think of that going to gear as you getting "bonus items" during your exp sessions. This is why I rarely camp an item if I can afford to just buy it at 60. Spending a day or two to camp an FBSS for a twink takes more time than it would take me to raise the plat to buy one.

Remember- TIME is your most valuable resource in this game. ALWAYS.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 09-30-2021, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin's advice here is pretty on-point. Consider time as a resource, because it literally is your most valuable one. Time spent leveling will increase your character's power far more than time spent camping something for an extra 3 WIS. This is why I didn't stop to pick up any real gear upgrades on shammy until 35, and even then doing so was pretty inefficient.

Example: I spent 2 days off and on camping a https://wiki.project1999.com/Mammoth_Hide_Cloak in Permafrost. Huge improvement vs my Banded Cloak, sure. However, in that time I could have gotten another level or two, and level-37-Lobnor is stronger than level-35-Lobnor-with-Cloak.

Goblin Ring, Lumi Staff, and similar items for other classes are worth the diversion because of the time they save you by allowing you to level exponentially faster than without.

If you're getting plat while leveling at Gargs/Mammoth, then think of that going to gear as you getting "bonus items" during your exp sessions. This is why I rarely camp an item if I can afford to just buy it at 60. Spending a day or two to camp an FBSS for a twink takes more time than it would take me to raise the plat to buy one.

Remember- TIME is your most valuable resource in this game. ALWAYS.
This is the min/max approach.

Sometimes it just feels better to get less-than-optimal XP and get an item upgrade at the same time....especially if you then consider the time you may need to tunnelquest. Some of us simply hate that aspect.

Personally, I love making money while leveling. Sure, you can acquire more plat / hour at 60....but I tend to burn out on chars after that 60 ding.
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-30-2021 at 11:43 AM..
Old 10-03-2021, 04:06 AM
Fire Giant

You're a Druid, be patient and don't waste any time doing anything but leveling to 29 asap. You then get group ports and you'll quickly be able to buy anything you want.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a Druid, be patient and don't waste any time doing anything but leveling to 29 asap. You then get group ports and you'll quickly be able to buy anything you want.
Hehe, thanks, been a while i hit 39, i did stop there, just for a little break and earn some quick cash, i will hit 44 eventually for the last port to CS and that's pretty much it, i will stay there for a while, i been finding out good money spots.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sometimes it just feels better to get less-than-optimal XP and get an item upgrade at the same time....especially if you then consider the time you may need to tunnelquest. Some of us simply hate that aspect.

Personally, I love making money while leveling. Sure, you can acquire more plat / hour at 60....but I tend to burn out on chars after that 60 ding.
Amen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think it's to everyone's benefit to at least understand the basic game principle of level vs. gear efficiency ... but I DO NOT think everyone should play the game as efficiently as possible!

At the end of the day you are playing a game first and foremost, and should be having fun doing that. If grinding efficiently makes you forget that primary goal, you've actually lost no matter how efficient you are.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Yea I always ask myself if there is another decent place to grind that drops fine steel, gems, or pricey trade skill stuff. There often is in the midrange (guards vs monsters) but eventually you end up with a few levels where it’s not very profitable. Probably the best example is bear pits for druids which is the current hot-ticket to 60. That said, at 60 farming will be easier as will landing groups like in seb king where you can have fun and make real plat. Others will grind in WL (suits and goos) PoM or Trak’s Teeth just for the chance of loot. Consider how easy getting a rez is while you balance the upside to whatever place you grind (I’d rather avoid bear pits for that reason unless you have a spare cleric camped).

If you can make plat and get exp that is ideal. If you can get exp safely and quickly it may be a means to an end. Eventually you will fill out those slots and marginal gear will get you a long ways. Notable items are the gob gazughi ring, lumi staff, and your epic. Those will cost you plat or time but are worth saving for more than an extra 300 mana from very expensive slot fills.

In short try to make plat as you go to buy (rather than farm) items that will make a tangible effect on your grinding ability. A full set of shiny armor won’t be as beneficial but that might keep you playing so it serves a role in that capacity.
Last edited by Snaggles; 10-04-2021 at 10:38 PM..
Old 10-06-2021, 05:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is also fact. I enjoyed earning that Mammoth Hide Cloak, even if it wasn't the best Min/Max move. Usually while leveling I will take less-than-optimal exp if it comes with a good loot chance, otherwise my play session will be really boring (see: Bear Pits comments above). This almost totally changes at max level, where you're really just a professional treasure hunter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 11-25-2021, 02:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

From about level 20 you can start camping the Iksar Berserker Club in Kurn's Tower. High ZEM zone and Burynai hide armor available on various mobs. From about 23 you should be able to handle the Shield of Kurn camp as well. Just watch out for the harm touches. Mobs start to green out at 26.

By then you should be able to solo the Bartender in Unrest in for opalline earring (Cha for charm) and thick leather apron. You may be able to get into a basement group for Garanel Rucksif around 30, but you can come back and solo him from about 38-41 later on as well. Minor ZEM bonuses here, plat drops are common. Almost nothing will aggro you in wolf form, so it's a very safe zone for Druids.

From 34 you can port to Iceclad and charm cougars to kill snowfang icehunters for otterhide armor. Iceclad just got a ZEM upgrade, so XP should be pretty rapid.
Old 11-25-2021, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

BTW, I forgot to mention this page: https://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Druid

It's a bit more long-term focused, but you still might find it helpful.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

I’d never actually camp the guy but I’d make frequent stops running through Dagnors Cauldron looking for Bilge Farfathom and I’d find him up once in a while , not a bad couple of items to stumble Into
Closed Thread