Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 12-26-2021, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

start an alt, park monk at scouf chorizo

level alt

win roll 2x

go back to monk
Last edited by Toxigen; 12-26-2021 at 10:05 AM..
Old 01-05-2022, 02:34 PM
Kobold

nah you totally want SWC. sell me your wrist guard of thunder!
Old 01-07-2022, 01:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, and 100HP items aren't great by themselves[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That is why it is overrated, you spend something like 200k for it, and for most players 200k would go farther elsewhere.

If OP is a hardcore raider with many 100 HP items, it would make more sense to try and get 100 HP items in all slots for the high HP bragging rights and benifits. Otherwise, you are spending 200k for no reason, and getting basically nothing for it. You can't even trade it across toons.

An individual 100HP item doesn't take you far because you could most likely spend the 200k to upgrade multiple slots, which would give you more than 100 HP and other stats/benefits.
This guy spits the truth. Good advice that's tailored to the OP's situation.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Anyone who says 100 HP items arent great for monks, clearly doesnt play monk.

That being said, i don't rate wrist guard of thunder much. It's a nicer BoB, but not by much.

I'd rather have 2 BoBs and a swc, than 1 BoB, 1 wrist guard of thunder and no swc.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who says 100 HP items arent great for monks, clearly doesnt play monk.

That being said, i don't rate wrist guard of thunder much. It's a nicer BoB, but not by much.

I'd rather have 2 BoBs and a swc, than 1 BoB, 1 wrist guard of thunder and no swc.
Anyone who thinks a single 100 HP item is game changing hasn't played P99[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I didn't say 100HP items are bad for monks. SWC simply isn't going to help OP with how much he needs to sacrifice.

And your preference of 2 BoBs and a SWC is much easier said than done. For most people that is a ton of time and money, and the returns aren't that great. Better to just spend the time raiding to get raid teir wrists at that point.
Old 04-08-2022, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

Holy threadromany!!

Arior Windcaller how did you solve the issue? I saw some one wearing a dragon skin bracelet yesterday. It looks pretty fun - especially if you have some red pants to couple it. Did you get one pf those? boBs? Lettuce snow! �� ❄️

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-08-2022, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who thinks a single 100 HP item is game changing hasn't played P99[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I didn't say 100HP items are bad for monks. SWC simply isn't going to help OP with how much he needs to sacrifice.

And your preference of 2 BoBs and a SWC is much easier said than done. For most people that is a ton of time and money, and the returns aren't that great. Better to just spend the time raiding to get raid teir wrists at that point.

Who said anything about game changing? Nice strawman argument.

100 hp items are great for monks. It let's you take more hits when pulling/tagging and it means your mend heals for a lot more. Those aren't the only reasons, but they're probably two of the bigger benefits of having more HP.

BoBs are a hell of a lot easier to come by than a wrist guard (unless you buy one). It's a slight upgrade to a BoB. So OP, do yourself a favor and don't listen to silkymist. Guy doesn't seem to play a 60 monk. Take it from someone who's played a monk longer than he's been on p99, BoBs and SWC is the way to go. Stack your HP items and you'll be probably be better than 70% of the monks out there.
Old 04-08-2022, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who said anything about game changing? Nice strawman argument.
If the item isn't game changing, why should OP spend 200k and lose his Fungi Regen? I am not sure why you are pushing OP to get SWC if your definition of "great" is really just "ok". You can't have it both ways. Most people can't afford to spend 200k on something that isn't a vast improvement, and SWC is not a vast improvement at all.

Quote:
100 hp items are great for monks. It let's you take more hits when pulling/tagging and it means your mend heals for a lot more. Those aren't the only reasons, but they're probably two of the bigger benefits of having more HP.
Again, no one said 100 HP items are bad for Monks. Nice strawman![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I said SWC is overrated (it is), and not worth getting for most players, including OP.

Quote:
BoBs are a hell of a lot easier to come by than a wrist guard (unless you buy one.
Not really. You can wait months to get a single BoB if you are unlucky on the rolls. To top it off, getting to WW isn't easy, and requires a port for a melee toon unless you spend the money to get a locket bind at ToV. It takes quite a bit of effort to get a toon you are actively playing over there every day. You could indeed just park your toon there, but that means potentially not playing the character for months.

SWC is also a pain in the neck in terms of rolls and the spirit wracked urn.

Overall you are spending quite a bit of time for a very small reward with BoBs, and you are spending even more time on SWC, or 200k (which for most people takes a lot of time to get back).

Quote:
So OP, do yourself a favor and don't listen to silkymist. Guy doesn't seem to play a 60 monk. Take it from someone who's played a monk longer than he's been on p99, BoBs and SWC is the way to go. Stack your HP items and you'll be probably be better than 70% of the monks out there.
Play time does not mean you understand the game. If you think SWC is something OP should strip his character for, you need to play the game more.
Old 04-08-2022, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Again, no one said 100 HP items are bad for Monks. Nice strawman![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wait are you serious...

Quote:
Yes, and 100HP items aren't great by themselves[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That is why it is overrated...

youre literally saying they're not great.. I'm saying they are. Only difference is, ive said plenty of times that i play a monk, and you havent. I'm sure this is all lost on you though, so hopefully OP doesnt heed your advice. For his sake.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Wait are you serious...

youre literally saying they're not great.. I'm saying they are. Only difference is, ive said plenty of times that i play a monk, and you havent. I'm sure this is all lost on you though, so hopefully OP doesnt heed your advice. For his sake.
Lol you might want to read the next two words, which are "by themselves". I said "100 HP items are not great by themsleves". 100HP items are great when you stack 10 of them.

Stripping your character and 200k from your bank to get a single 100HP item is not great. Why? You could get more HP from upgrading multiple slots with that same 200k. Its basic math hehe. Spend 200k for 100 HP, or 200k for more than 100HP? I know what I would choose[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The problem with 100HP items is they are all very expensive, so typically they are not worth it until you are basically at the point where they are your only upgrade option, and it takes a LONG time for most people to get to that gear stage.