Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, it’s been quite a long time since I haven’t had the epic. My apologies. I was thinking verses because in my mind I still added the epic proc. Let me try again.

1: Jonthan’s
2: Chant of frost
3: chant of fire
4: largo’s for slow or selos cessation for slow/dot
5: hymn of resto
6: song of twilight or fear
7: solon’s bewitching
8: selo’s or fear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you’re fear kiting there’s no point for a damage shield. The only reason for the slow is the snare effect and if they turn on you when a fear breaks early. You always want charm in there in case you get an add, you can charm it until the first mob dies and then move on to your temporary pet.
I guess my question is why have any haste(Jonathan's) if I have 40% from Werewolf form and Jonathan's is 8% better than that. I can't twist 5 songs(Jonathans, hymn, 2x chants, Slow) so I'd only be able to do 4(hymn, Largo's, 2x chant) unless you think Jonathan's is worth sacrificing a dot over.

Yup makes sense, right now I melee solo some mobs and fear kite others and then charm if I get an add.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

I'd use it because Jonthan's gives extra STR and ATK. the magic dot doesnt do much dmg anyway (11-21).

You can twist 5 songs especially if 2 are dots, you just have to rotate properly.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 01-04-2022, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Just my opinion though i'd be interested to see a parse comparing all the combos but I'm not interested enough to do the work myself to find out.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 01-04-2022, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Also, you won't really need to use the heal song much if you're fear kiting unless you get unlucky. If you have a fungi, you probably won't need to use it at all. it is nice to have though.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I'd use it because Jonthan's gives extra STR and ATK. the magic dot doesnt do much dmg anyway (11-21).

You can twist 5 songs especially if 2 are dots, you just have to rotate properly.
I think trying to twist 5 songs is a bit beyond me so I'll try Largo's, Tuyen's Frost, Hymn, Jonthan's. Usually I'll face tank melee solo but then sometimes charm/fear depending on my hp and what mobs are up.

Any thoughts on what the best xp solo camps are for 51-60?
Old 01-04-2022, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Old World > Kunark > Velious
So that would put you at Lower Guk or SolB to begin your 50's

I THINK maybe the giants in WL near Kael might still be blue at 51?? Would have to double check but if they are you can do those and get faction at the same time
Old 01-04-2022, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic2442 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think trying to twist 5 songs is a bit beyond me so I'll try Largo's, Tuyen's Frost, Hymn, Jonthan's. Usually I'll face tank melee solo but then sometimes charm/fear depending on my hp and what mobs are up.

Any thoughts on what the best xp solo camps are for 51-60?
At around 54 or 55 try charm kiting geonids in WL. They’re great xp. Lower guk is also good if you find a nice spot with the pathing to fear kite.

If you’re set on melee don’t bother with geonids they are pretty tough. Having said that, if you charm kite, they’re excellent plat and xp.

Can also fear kite in KC plus it’s an outdoor zone. I’ll try to think of more places for ya.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:28 PM
Large Bat

DS seems attractive at first but youll spend too much recovering (even with fungi), then if you are slowing the mobs it's not that great. Maybe if you have lots of raid gear DS would be more enjoyable. Still id focus on maxing it with dain ring/bathezid ring/singing steel bracer/DS pots still. With haste i'd rather rely on epic / tunare/koi proc and lute of the howler than singing a song. so i'd just twist DoTs and hp regen.

at 51 i would do hymn, selos chord of cessation (48 pbae dot/slow), chant of flame, chant of frost, potentially fufils as well.

then at 60 you get assonance which lasts a minute, and you can do denons bereavement, cessation, flame, and frost, with regen handy as well.

selos, hymn/cantata, charm, flame chant, frost chant, denons bereavement, assonance, another DoT or pbae snare.

if you don't need selo's or don't want to charm, mem song of twilight instead

Ideally you are swapping VP lute / drums of the beast / efreeti horn / breath of harmony in if you feel like being a try hard, but that gets old very fast. Epic is great because you can be lazy with acceptable results so if you had to pick between white scales and tunare/koi i'd grab epic, but if you are going to instrument swap it doesnt really matter. If you really like maxing your DS then the singing mod from epic is important as well.
Last edited by damaddar; 01-05-2022 at 01:32 PM..
Old 01-05-2022, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaddar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DS seems attractive at first but youll spend too much recovering (even with fungi), then if you are slowing the mobs it's not that great. Maybe if you have lots of raid gear DS would be more enjoyable. Still id focus on maxing it with dain ring/bathezid ring/singing steel bracer/DS pots still. With haste i'd rather rely on epic / tunare/koi proc and lute of the howler than singing a song. so i'd just twist DoTs and hp regen.

at 51 i would do hymn, selos chord of cessation (48 pbae dot/slow), chant of flame, chant of frost, potentially fufils as well.

then at 60 you get assonance which lasts a minute, and you can do denons bereavement, cessation, flame, and frost, with regen handy as well.

selos, hymn/cantata, charm, flame chant, frost chant, denons bereavement, assonance, another DoT or pbae snare.

if you don't need selo's or don't want to charm, mem song of twilight instead

Ideally you are swapping VP lute / drums of the beast / efreeti horn / breath of harmony in if you feel like being a try hard, but that gets old very fast. Epic is great because you can be lazy with acceptable results so if you had to pick between white scales and tunare/koi i'd grab epic, but if you are going to instrument swap it doesnt really matter. If you really like maxing your DS then the singing mod from epic is important as well.
Really good advice
Old 01-05-2022, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

When you're doing a 4 song rotation I think it can make sense to alternate the dot(s) each time through the rotation, too. Like snare, haste, regen, cessation, then snare, haste, regen, frost, repeat.

The dots last 3 ticks, but they do damage on tick 0 so if they wear off for less than 6 seconds you don't lose any damage. Contrast to the slows which only last two ticks and lose effect when they wear off.

Sometimes I omit cessation because the ae snare is my preferred slow and they don't stack. Cessation claims to slow but it seems to be a minor haste instead; I assume that part of it has no effect when another slow is on the mob.
Closed Thread