Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 05:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just make every raid mob have a completely random spawn time. This way guilds have no fucking clue when shit is going to spawn, so they have to choose wisely which mobs they park out for/track. A single guild could not possibly cover everything, if everything is always in window.

As it is, whether variance is 16 hours or 2205 hours, if a guild knows a mob is due to spawn between a certain amount of time they are going to sock it. If every single mob in the game could spawn at any time, it forces guilds to choose their targets and focus their forces at those locations.
Would love if this could happen. Sounds ideal.
I've fallen out of raiding for quite a while now due to boredom. Unexpected pops at any time would definitely bring me back. Giddy over here just thinking about it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guarantee a $20,000 kickstarter for Project 2000 would be funded within 24 hours.
A kickstarter campaign would probably raise some intellectual property copyright issues with Sony. I'd happily support one, though.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texwilly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the personal attack Motec, I actually know you better than you think. I never claimed to be "superhotshit", I was providing my background so people could decide my credibility or not. Beyond the insults though, my experiences in AV (not FE mind you) were of similar timelines as where we sit now. This "uber-guild" mentality is retarded because we are not trying to make this major push for new content. That fucking ended about 2 years ago. We are all farming shit now, not figuring new content out.

Server staff wants competition. Realistic solution is to eliminate it and play nice in the sand box. Class R already figured it out, class C neckbeards are too stubborn, resulting in all kinds of weird bullshit rules and lawyering. This problem is unsolvable without more content or a new server, as you eluded to "Project 2000" which I support as well, but I called it the "green" server.

No need to flame me back, as I know will be your first reaction.
If you knew a single thing about me you would know a bloody hate the server rules, and have been asking for a project 2000 Vazaelle timeline when velious launches for years. Not now. Not a month before, not a month after. When it launches.

And above is right, it would gain 4 years of server funding almost immediately on kickstarter or a forum donation push. I'd happily monetarily support it well beyond what most would.

Idea for me would be similar to vaz. No manastones, bind lockets etc.

No flames either, as you obviously don't know me well. I'm a pacifist bluebie. All we would need is some server rules somewhat similar to current class R. Just let us out of the shitfight that is current blue that won't abate.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A kickstarter campaign would probably raise some intellectual property copyright issues with Sony. I'd happily support one, though.
We can already donate as is.

I've paid for p99, and even for the sleeper setup that moron did for a while. I'm happy to support the server running costs for the time I play so we can enjoy such an awesome service. I doubt a p2000 server with civilized PNP ruleset would cause much if any grief.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just make every raid mob have a completely random spawn time. This way guilds have no fucking clue when shit is going to spawn, so they have to choose wisely which mobs they park out for/track. A single guild could not possibly cover everything, if everything is always in window.

As it is, whether variance is 16 hours or 2205 hours, if a guild knows a mob is due to spawn between a certain amount of time they are going to sock it. If every single mob in the game could spawn at any time, it forces guilds to choose their targets and focus their forces at those locations.
I think you underestimate the desire to win by people you and I know.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you underestimate the desire to win by people you and I know.
As far as the R guilds go, this would simply discourage them to the point of not even trying. It'd just be the tmo / ib show like before :P Things need to get easier from an organizational level if racing competition is to ever really be a thing.

Red99 has no variance, why do we have it? First 15 isn't an issue and now we have FTE shouts... One is clearly classic and one isn't :P
Old 11-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red99 has no variance, why do we have it? First 15 isn't an issue and now we have FTE shouts... One is clearly classic and one isn't :P
If you want no variance you could just play red instead of constantly petitioning something thats never going to happen on blue.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
It is my opinion that the current GMs have ties with and favor the Red server which is why they allow and even promote and condone all the shitty behavior by the class C guilds to shit on the raid scene on blue in an elaborate plan to push more people toward Red.
So why are you still here shitting up the place.
Go to red already, they have an affinity for psychopaths !
<3
Closed Thread