Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishriot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you talking about druids are more desirable in groups? Lol that is a joke...I cant think of a class I want less in a group. Their heals suck past low level, their nukes always are crap compared to DPS classes, their buffs are always crappier then anyone else who has a similar buff. Nobody who understands the mechanics of the game wants a druid in their group they simply Settle for them because they cant find a cleric or real DPS. As a soloer druids are better but in groups...id rather leave the spot empty
What you're missing is that EQ grouping is all about force multipliers and efficiency - Wizards have little. Druids have side heals, Regen, thorns, dots, and can nuke in a pinch. Wizards nuke and meditate, occasionally root-park (if theyre smart enough to wear hp/ac gear), stun casters, etc. They can nuke down dangerous mobs quickly, but that's effective in only a limited number of cases, and they need to med for 2-3 minutes (during which time they are basically useless exp sponges) afterward. At least druid's thorns, STR buff, and regen are still rolling during that time if they have to med for a bit...

Overall, in more cases, a druid is a better group option than a wizard. When casters abound or fights are based around killing really specific mobs (i.e. healer mobs), a wizard is better.

For anyone who wants to solo, druids do it better than wizards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you're missing is that EQ grouping is all about force multipliers and efficiency - Wizards have little. Druids have side heals, Regen, thorns, dots, and can nuke in a pinch. Wizards nuke and meditate, occasionally root-park (if theyre smart enough to wear hp/ac gear), stun casters, etc. They can nuke down dangerous mobs quickly, but that's effective in only a limited number of cases, and they need to med for 2-3 minutes (during which time they are basically useless exp sponges) afterward. At least druid's thorns, STR buff, and regen are still rolling during that time if they have to med for a bit...

Overall, in more cases, a druid is a better group option than a wizard. When casters abound or fights are based around killing really specific mobs (i.e. healer mobs), a wizard is better.

For anyone who wants to solo, druids do it better than wizards.
Just wondering - why is your main a wizard? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 11-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

After reading through this chain and reading the debate there is only one obvious answer. I always give this answer regardless of the MMO you are playing. Play the class of the role you want to fill. There is no wrong answer. If you want the roles abilities of a wizard, then play that class. If you want the same with a Druid then play it. The only issues you will have getting into a group are peoples misconceptions of a class and someones ability to play it well.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wondering - why is your main a wizard? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 31 wizard, but he's not my main. My necro is 30, very close to 31 atm. He's pretty much my main. My wizard is just the first character i leveled seriously on this server, and has the coolest name among my characters (except maybe my druid named Bolt, who I barely want to play, but I am definitely holding onto that name).

I enjoy wizards in Kunark/Velious (i.e. when there are more than 2-3 places to quad kite from 29-50 and 50-60 that aren't incessantly camped), but they're very precise scalpels as opposed to the giant claymores that mages/necros are in classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by druziil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i thought manaburn was an AA ability (i searched here for it as a spell and did not find it) which you will not get here
Manburn IS an AA Ability. Druziil was mistaken, and that means his whole argument is flawed if his sole reason he thinks Wizards > Druids is because they get an Ability us playing on p1999 will never see. In short, Roll a Monk.
Closed Thread