Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Been running a program that keeps track of my network usage by program and my eqgame.exe has only used 300mb in the course of 31 days.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Internet, like health care, like credit scoring is too integral to an Americans life to be dealt with in a capitalist private sector. Not saying our gov has the expertise at the moment to take over and offer these services, but it needs to.

Just let me pay taxes and give me the Internet, health care, access to a transparent credit system etc
Feed me government feed me.

Don't worry, those are just Jewish "showers"

I'm wondering how people think things get better when government is involved?
Old 09-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronasch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the internet as we know it was funded by the government, goofus. should be considered a resource, imo
Old 09-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronasch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well, that escalated quickly.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Aviak

You have to be really trying to go above 300GB. Not defending Comcast, but they have been raising their speeds significantly higher lately (up to 105mbps or higher) so that's probably why they are being more strict about the monthly cap.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Fire Giant

I have Comcast and I have a regular internet account and my download is 80mbps.

I also have 7 computers running non-stop in my household and we have never came close to 300GB od bandwidth. So you wouldn't have to worry...

Speaking of download speeds with Comcast having 80mbps downloads and business accounts having 105mbps. I know they also offer 150mbps download and they act like it's some sort of big deal. Check out the rest of the world and USA has one of the slowest internet speeds available. Some countries are running 200mbps downloads and they think it's slow...
Old 09-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the internet as we know it was funded by the government, goofus. should be considered a resource, imo
Ok so because some U.S. Tax dollars went to some research that resulted in what we call the Internet, it should be handed out like candy to the masses? What about those who pay no tax, should we give them Internet for free and make u pay a higher tax to offset the extra construction/maintenance required to give these non tax payers Internet. Yes I know it's already happening. Who decides what speed is standard? Can I pay extra tax for a higher speed? Do I need a license to surf the web? Net Neutrality FTL
Old 09-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ok so because some U.S. Tax dollars went to some research that resulted in what we call the Internet, it should be handed out like candy to the masses? What about those who pay no tax, should we give them Internet for free and make u pay a higher tax to offset the extra construction/maintenance required to give these non tax payers Internet. Yes I know it's already happening. Who decides what speed is standard? Can I pay extra tax for a higher speed? Do I need a license to surf the web? Net Neutrality FTL
None of that is Net Neutrality.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i think youre going a little overboard with this. replace "the internet" with "fresh water" and maybe u will see my point. i would try arguing with you but it seems like you are just repeating stuff you read on reddit.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

and yes, i think starving children in southern asia should have access to "the internet" just the same as those lounging in the gated communities of new england. but ive been accused of being a hippy before....