Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:48 AM
Sarnak

Default Farming cool items.

Completely new player to EQ here. Hello!

My interest has been sparked by watching the Everquest Classic Adventures video series made by Reptox (who also happens to live in Australia like I do.).

One aspect of the game that seemed really interesting and fun to me, was that certain pieces of gear can be farmed that are considered very powerful, useful or valuable. Sometimes all three!

However, Reptox mentioned in a video that with Scars of Velious that a lot of items are now No Drop which as I understand it, mean can't be traded.

How true is this? Is it worth making a character for the purpose of farming these fun items with the intention of selling them and/or using them on alt characters, or is everything worth mentioning No Drop now and unable to be traded?
Old 09-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Well You are probably NEVER EVER solo going to get "Uber" items even in Kunark Zones, let alone Velious Zones..

Probably will not get many even in a group because you most of the time you have to Roll Random 100, and most of the time you will roll 13, and your buddy will roll 98. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So good luck getting high end stuff again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Good stuff does not even drop every time either. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You have to play on here for months, years to get good stuff, and that is the draw to here surprisingly enough. You don't get nothing easy on here, even levels. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

It doesn't necessarily have to be UBER items. But I mean, surely everybody in the group has the same chance to get the item.

Like, I've learned about the Fungi tunic. I know it's amazingly expensive and very sought after, but can't I level up a character, get into a group that's going to kill the King (It does drop from the fungal king dude right? I googled it) and then have a chance to win it with a roll just like everyone else?

I don't mind if it takes months, but I really would like to be able to farm items for my alts. I find that kind of thing fun. Twinking out a character I believe it is called.

So I think my original question stands. Did velious change everything to No Drop?

I'll also add a new question. What class would YOU pick, based on what I'd like to do? (That being level up a character to make money and farm items for other characters. I suppose that means the character would have to be useful in a group as well as soloing.)

Please bear in mind, the only information I have about Everquest is what I've seen in videos and read on the forums, and that isn't a lot, so you may have to explain some things that might seem obvious.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Also, do all posts have to be approved by Moderators, or just ones from new people like me? Does needing to be approved ever go away?
Old 09-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Aviak

Useful in group as well as soloing? Try an Enchanter or Shaman.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, do all posts have to be approved by Moderators, or just ones from new people like me? Does needing to be approved ever go away?
It eventually goes away once you get a high enough post count.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahlvin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Useful in group as well as soloing? Try an Enchanter or Shaman.
I will start looking up information on these classes right away.

Would they be good picks for trying to farm some of the named items that drop along the way and would make leveling fun if you gave them to a lowbie character?
Old 09-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will start looking up information on these classes right away.

Would they be good picks for trying to farm some of the named items that drop along the way and would make leveling fun if you gave them to a lowbie character?
Yes. Both good in their own ways. Shamans are probably a better pick for someone just getting started, but both good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Necromancer is great as well.

You can practically solo your way up without really needing gear
Old 09-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

If you choose enchanter, go with dark elf or high elf. Be agnostic. Put as many points as you can into charisma, if there are leftover points put them into int. As soon as you get dark elf illusion, which is at a low level, you will be able to do a quest for a good item called Stein of Moggok. Doing this quest will involve journeying to the ogre city of Oggok. There you can buy a great enchanter item off of the merchants called crude stein for like 7-9pp. The Stein of Moggok quest you will be able to repeat a couple of times and sell for about 250pp each time. Buy charisma gear with this money. Try and get it to 200. You will be able to charm solo up once you get past level 12 with this level of charisma. Quests along the way that can also net you cash but you won't be able to do until like the late 20s will include incandescent mask, incandescent gloves, rod of insidious glamour (all of these items will be the best available for you as well in their respective slots until you get higher level). As for your question about fungi tunic, an enchanter is a neccessary part of any good King group in Sebilis (the camp where it drops) but you will probably need to be 57+. As an enchanter I won the roll on the second tunic I saw drop at like level 58 or 59. G'luck. As others have said shamans and necromancers are also great choices. If you choose necromancer be an iksar, if you choose shaman be an ogre.
Closed Thread