Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Kobold

Default project 99 on your ipad?

Is it possible to play project 99 on your ipad? if so how is it done? what apps needed ??
Old 09-23-2015, 06:31 PM
Banned

iPads are used to mop up iSpills.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Would a mac setup guide (should be one on tech discussion) be similar to ipad?
Old 09-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

It would be more similar to an iPhone set-up than a full on mac set-up.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 09-23-2015, 06:45 PM
Aviak

They are completely different architectures, so unless you have a Mac emulator for iPad, it won't be possible. I don't think those exist, but I have learned to never say never.

But most iOS devices use OpenGL ES 2.0/3.0 and/or Metal and there are differences even from OpenGL that Mac uses and unless you account for them do not allow for cross-platform usability.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:39 PM
Kobold

I'm assuming you could remote desktop into a Windows PC from the ipad. Sounds terrible though.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe better to stick to WoW cards and other apps.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:10 AM
Kobold

iPad doesnt have close to enough power to emulate an x86 processor. Even if it did, Apple's crap review process would reject the app (there are no NES/SNES/etc emulators on the app store either)

The only way you'll be able to play is with 1) open source client (not likely) or 2) using some kind of tool like Remote Desktop

You can also return that iPad and get a much more useful Surface 3 / Surface Pro 3 (theyre actually really good)
Old 09-24-2015, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm assuming you could remote desktop into a Windows PC from the ipad. Sounds terrible though.
Someone got it working on their phone a while back and this is how they did it. It was terrible though.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:25 AM
Sarnak

Just to clear this up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Everquest was built for Windows

The program will not run on an operating system like iOS (iPhone and iPad software) just like it won't run on Mac OSX etc... there are emulators for it Mac, which emulate a windows setup.

The phone software developers have no interest in emulating windows desktop OS, it's just another world and you need a larger screen, and when you get a larger screen you can usually just house the hardware/software for Windows.

The remote setup that Pyrocat was taking about is like a computer looking at a computer through the Internet, very sluggish due to trying to shove all those pixels through the internets line.

Until upload and download speeds improve (and they won't because as soon as transfer rate goes up, do does the graphic quality) you will always find it hard to see up to date information that is fluid and without delay.

I use it every now and then just to log in and have a chat with guildies, I was able to use it to do simple tasks like cooking (as long as all the ingredients were already in my inventory and I logged near an oven) but as for moving, casting and meleeing (90%) of EQ you won't be able to do any of this.
Closed Thread