Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

The only problem with leveling in Kunark at such low levels is that you're forced to travel around high level zones with no great place to bind or buy spells without dodging everything in sight. It's doable and the rewards are high, but I didn't consider it because if you're just coming back to the game it's a bit .. well, scary.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:15 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously? I've stopped by HHK a few times for bard songs, and every time I see <7 people in zone and they are all different level ranges (not close enough that I would think they would be in 1 group).

TIL...
It depends on the time of day and WHO is in the zone specifically...I've had to show up a ridiculous amount of time in the past few weeks.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only problem with leveling in Kunark at such low levels is that you're forced to travel around high level zones with no great place to bind or buy spells without dodging everything in sight. It's doable and the rewards are high, but I didn't consider it because if you're just coming back to the game it's a bit .. well, scary.
Scary is fun, no? And I tend to think of Kunark dungeons being better for exp and loot compared to their "Classic" equal level counter-parts. But perhaps I'm wrong in that regard? Who knows. :P
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure the amount of twinks you see isn't helping huh?
That's obvious. But that too starts to become less relevant at lvl20+. However, starting out, it makes it much harder for new players to get groups as twinks mostly twink to solo through early levels really fast. Unfortunately, some I've noticed have no scruples and step on the un-twinked player group camps. This happened a lot when the SOE servers were down and we had an extra 250+ players on peek time. It really takes the classic feel away, as there were few twinks the first few years, or at least a lot of new players, while depending on the server you played, twinking was considered weak and players would get ridiculed for taking the easy rout - or being excessively twinked.

But you know, things changed on live over time, shared slots and all that, so you will get the same exp whether here or on live as twinking has become the mind-set as set by the revamped easy to play games. Although there on the regular servers, there just aint enough players packed into less zones so the ks'ing isn't as bad... but even harder to find groups unless on progression there.

Anyway, I agree with starting in fay for the OP, there are more players there on average, at least starting. So like gfay, CB, Unrest, MM, you may find groups. Or as many do, port there and bind.
Last edited by Daywolf; 06-03-2011 at 09:24 PM..
Old 06-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

I managed to chill in EC (orc camp 2) for a while and racked up 5 bubs of exp in a couple hours... faster than I was doing in Blackburrow! I really appreciate the recommendations for the journey east. And Gfay is a short 30 minute trip away if I want to hit up Crushbone, too.

So thanks again. I feel a bit less bitter about things. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends on the time of day and WHO is in the zone specifically...I've had to show up a ridiculous amount of time in the past few weeks.
Funny. I read this the other day and was in HHK last night. I hadn't been there since back in 1999 - 2000 so I had no recollection of the camp definitions. I had gathered a group of five people and had a 6th on the way. We were fighting the goblins, pulling from the different rooms in the basement. These two other players show up and claim the two bottom rooms for themselves (each took one room as a camp). They indicated that the area was comprised of three camps and they owned the bottom two.
Obviously, the spawns in the main area were far from sufficient to sustain a group of 6 (level range 27 - 32). Rather than getting into a pissing match with them, I opted to break up the group and move on. It would not be worth the aggravation and guide time (if people started KSing etc). It was also obvious from their commentary that they were immature and would be a problem.

It's sad to run into these problematic players like this but it happens. Two people were more than happy to ruin the fun for 6 other people.

This isn't a complaint or rant. I'm just mentioning this as it relates to Amelinda's comment and the original post. When you run into these people it's generally better to move on and find some fun content elsewhere.
-----------------------
Old 06-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

From Drinal the gobbos were considered 3 different camps, 4 if people just *had* to solo in the far most right room. Lookout (LR), Main (MR), Warrior (WR), Raider (RR) were the camps that we had, and this was right around when Velious was coming out.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Kobold

There are definitely days like that along the way.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From Drinal the gobbos were considered 3 different camps, 4 if people just *had* to solo in the far most right room. Lookout (LR), Main (MR), Warrior (WR), Raider (RR) were the camps that we had, and this was right around when Velious was coming out.
That's how it was on the Tarew Marr server too; LR was for the lowest level groups and was barely enough to sustain a party, it was really only camped by a group if everything else was camped, otherwise MR would pull LR between MR pops.

WR and RR were usually one camp too, unless it was so crowded that people started dividing the two.

I don't see why it would be an issue here; I never had an issue with spawns. If no one was in the room, it was fair game to take the camp, but no one would tolerate a single person soloing a room to themselves over a group of 6.

Maybe its a good thing HHK isn't popular...
Closed Thread