Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their solo capabilities are crazy (just like a druids. Quad kiting ftw)
Lol. Only with Kunark (Column of Frost + Atol's) did quad kiting really take off...
Old 08-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Orc

I agree with rhalous, from your post it sounds like you want a druid. You'll have less downtime and better ability to farm for twinks.

But I get ice comet.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long term, their dps output will beat the druids by a longshot, and they get spells like manaburn
i thought manaburn was an AA ability (i searched here for it as a spell and did not find it) which you will not get here
Old 08-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Druids are excellent porters, and decent soloers, but it's not really a solo game. Everything else, there's a class that can do it better. Except wolf form for +attack, which I love.

Wizards are going to be needed by raiding guilds, at least until kunark, as they want to get to the planes at any random time and need wizzies to do it. Esp. with the raiding changes.

TBH though, neither are a group's top priority when doing a /who all lfg, if that's what you're concerned with. Wizards aren't really wanted for dps, they're more of a last choice. Mages, necros, rogues, monks, and shammies all do more or similar (shammies) damage and bring other things to the group. Dru's too, I spose. They become much better at 49, and as I said are wanted by raiding guilds, but you WILL spend a lot of time lfg.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleafclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids are excellent porters, and decent soloers, but it's not really a solo game. Everything else, there's a class that can do it better. Except wolf form for +attack, which I love.
True that most can do it better, but druids still generally performs at 80-90% of what the specialized class can do - And they can switch the roles depending on situations, and on top of that adds utility.

Basicly, what a druid brings to the group is the solid survivability - he rounds up a group due to that ability to switch around.

Also, keep in mind, kunark isn't that far away, and in most if not all of the kunark dungeons, an evacer becomes a requirement. Which makes druids essential for groups in kunark.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, keep in mind, kunark isn't that far away, and in most if not all of the kunark dungeons, an evacer becomes a requirement. Which makes druids and wizards essential for groups in kunark.
Fixed it for you =P
Old 08-07-2010, 03:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True that most can do it better, but druids still generally performs at 80-90% of what the specialized class can do - And they can switch the roles depending on situations, and on top of that adds utility.

Basicly, what a druid brings to the group is the solid survivability - he rounds up a group due to that ability to switch around.

Also, keep in mind, kunark isn't that far away, and in most if not all of the kunark dungeons, an evacer becomes a requirement. Which makes druids essential for groups in kunark.
On the way up, you may. But the difference in healing, DPS, and buffing tells around 40. At 50, it's quite clear. Druids are an excellent casual class, I just don't think they're the best choice if you plan to be doing a good bit of raiding. That bit of candor may cost me some ports, but it's true.

I didn't play till vel, is an evaccer that necessary? W/ a good puller, even? Guess if you're shallow in a zone you're likely to get trained, I know KC's bad for 'em...
Old 08-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhalous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it really depends on what you want to do, man. I see a lot of people giving their opinion, but when you say this:

It sounds like you want to play a druid. Your farming downtime will go way down as a druid with spells like regen. I play a wizard, but I chose it for raiding purposes. You will out farm a wizard. Some people will disagree with me, but when you consider the spell list druids get, the versatility is obvious. Now, if you are rolling with a buddy or something like that, a wizard could be pretty sweet.
Farming wont be ALL im doing. I very much prefer grouping over soloing, except my first 10 or so levels. But one thing i forgot to mention is the fact when i start my brother will also be starting with me. While i warned him against the hardship of starting off in the old world as a melee because of being gear dependent he will probably roll either an SK or Rogue to level with me. Either way i think it will help me along nicely as either a dru or wiz.

Thanks all for the opinions!

Sincerely,
EQfiend
Old 08-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Banned

Wizards are less self-sufficient, especially in the healing category. But druids are a dime a dozen in raid content. Wizards are not.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Aviak

Come Kunark Rogues, Necros, and Wizards are top dps. Druid dps doesn't even come close...
Closed Thread