Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Default PoP without Luclin?

For starters: yes, I know the devs' repeated insistence that p99 is not moving past Velious, and that's fine with me, I loved this era of the game.

But a lot of people seemed to like PoP. And in a similar contrasting vein, Luclin seems to be near-universally despised.

Could you even do PoP without Luclin? Is that possible? I'm not talking from an equipment perspective; the easy downing of 90%+ of Velious raid targets by people in full Kunark gear seems to imply that boss-killing equipment won't be an (enormous) issue if you could skip Luclin. I mean from a technical perspective, is it even possible to skip an expansion? I don't have any ideas of the mechanics of it and I'm curious.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 08-28-2015, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

I like these suggestion threads, and if it were up to me I'd do something along these lines... but it's not up to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Banned

Wow this is a great idea for people who don't like classic EverQuest
Old 08-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

The items from Luclin raiding compared to velious raiding would show that the Luclin items were far above velious loot. You would need those drops to be able to effectively move into POP. Only reason velious stuff dies so fast is 5 years of Mubarak to gear out in.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow this is a great idea for people who don't like classic EverQuest
Color me strange but I don't think anyone would've liked playing classic Everquest for 10 years either.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The items from Luclin raiding compared to velious raiding would show that the Luclin items were far above velious loot. You would need those drops to be able to effectively move into POP. Only reason velious stuff dies so fast is 5 years of Mubarak to gear out in.
Let's face it, even if the devs got a wild hair up their butts right now about including some fantastical idea like this one, we are in for at least as much Velious time as we had Kunark time. Presuming the majority of the raiding guilds are in full NToV/ST drops by then, I imagine that people could at least beat out enough of PoP in the early stages to get it rolling.

That having been said, my question was more about the mechanics of skipping an expansion and how possible that would be, like is there code from Luclin that would screw up PoP if it wasn't included, how difficult it would be to find it and repair it if there was such a thing, that sort of deal. I really have no idea as I have no skill in this whatsoever. Maybe this wasn't the right place to ask this question?
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 08-28-2015, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

a lot of this idea was discussed in a very long thread about year ago.

I believe (could be wrong) dev can link to pop zones in whatever way they want, it seemed that it would not be difficult to set up.

Lot of suggestion where about having to port to various planes from certain home cities through local church/temple/ fire pit etc .

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 08-28-2015, 07:09 PM
Aviak

Maybe it could fall into the "custom content" realm with the PoP zones being used.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Kobold

Luclin was not a bad expac. Its not my fav but it was not bad. It had a lot of good content. Most expacs had both good and bad in them including kunark and velious. I would love to see them do luclin and pop though but its just not going to happen.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Yes yes yes. I'll let Dald come in here and elaborate for me