Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Large Bat

Default Raising Venril Sathir Faction

Would love to get the Sledgemallet from this quest:
http://wiki.project1999.com/The_New_Worker

I am currently KOS, so I need to raise my faction. I am a Bar, Shaman.

I see that I can do this quest:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Protect_the_Shipyard

The problem is that I am KOS to Captain Rottgrime, so I cant do the turn ins.

Any advice? Any illusions I can grab to help get me past the KOS so I can start doing the turn ins?

Thanks All!
Old 09-06-2015, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Get someone to sell you the opportunity to borrow their Puppet Strings and charm the foreman and turn in a jade.

Farming braids to raise faction from KoS to non-KoS takes well over 50-100 sets or 200-400 braids.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Banned

You can use puppet strings or get a key to veeshans peak to get faction hits from dragons in that zone.

People sell the clicks of puppet strings, it brings your faction to max so you can do the turn in. otherwise its a really long slog and tbh i dont even know if its possible to do the protect the shipyard quest if you're KOS.. also its like something ridiculous like 200 turn ins or something.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Puppet Strings (or any charm) just bring faction to Amiable for the caster, which is all thats required for the quest.

You cannot have someone else charm it because that just brings him to indifferent. You must be the one doing the charming, thus why Puppet Strings are required for anyone who isn't an Enchanter/Bard/Necromancer.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

just /auction in ec tunnel wtb ot hammer mq. think people charge several k, so not that bad.

getting your faction up/repaired in OT is the pure suck. But lots of people sell the hammer mq.

edit: and ya, im not even sure you can do the faction quest if kos. If anyone knows different, they may post to tell the secret. But Rottgrime is not surrounded by friendly creatures.
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 09-07-2015 at 04:52 AM..
Old 09-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

KOS people w/ sneak can do the turn in (sneak behind) but other than that, you'd have to tag Kunark dragons / VP mobs for the +VS faction hits until you're at least dubious before being able to start factioning.

Way faster to spend a bit of time farming 4-5k plat and buying a puppet string charge.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 09-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

I think it took me 60 braids on my agnostic DE Wizard, and that was from apprehensive.

Would take quite a lot of braids from Dubious.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 09-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Orc

Even less now, 2-2.5k pretty regularly. This is one of those times to give in and just do it the easy way.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
KOS people w/ sneak can do the turn in (sneak behind)
nope, as you need amiable to do this quest, and sneaking renders you indifferent.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

I was talking about the braids turn-in. Not the Mallet turn in, as the subject of this thread is raising VS faction.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread